Stock Roll Bar Cover Faded

Rubi Freak

Sun has faded the roll bar cover. Wanted to check in and see what you guys are using to get the black back. Wasn't sure if there is a good product out there. I didn't want to mess with black dye if its not necessary and thanks for the input.

GCM 2

Most people do not try to "dye" the original, not only is it faded, but its probably almost dry rotted.

Here are two popular options:

1- purchase all new factory or aftermarket covers. Pricey

2- pull all the padding and spray paint it with a color as close to matching as your body color. Most use a low gloss/satin color.

MTG

Caught the Bug
Sharkey and I were just talking about this. He thinks I should go old school with some foam and a roll of duct tape. He's not even wanting me to wait until it fades.

:cheesy:

GCM 2

Sharkey and I were just talking about this. He thinks I should go old school with some foam and a roll of duct tape. He's not even wanting me to wait until it fades.

Brother, that was what I used to do. And to be correct, it is stolen, pieced together home air conditioning foam insulation, held together with electrical tape :thumb:

Last edited:

Atch

I think using some pool noodles would really make the duct tape POP!:yup:

there is a black fabric paint that you can get from an auto parts store that will work. i am going to use it when i do mine...

andrew -

jeeeep

Hooked
buddy used Duplicolor for fabric - works great! feels the same after, can't tell it's been painted by touching it.

GCM 2

there is a black fabric paint that you can get from an auto parts store that will work. i am going to use it when i do mine...

andrew -

buddy used Duplicolor for fabric - works great! feels the same after, can't tell it's been painted by touching it.

For some reason, here is what I have a picture of in my mind.......

Attachments

• image-1359013445.jpg
    image-1359013445.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 78

TheKid25

I took mine off when it started fading and used the duplicolor bedliner. I raptor lined my tub and want to go back and raptor line my roll bars, but they're actually holding up well (going on 3+ years). I'd like to add a cage and will probably do it then since they usually come in bare metal.

Top Bottom