Stock Driveshaft with 4" Lift and 37's

Dashyl

Hey Everyone!!

Sometime in the near future im going to be doing an overhaul on my jeep. At the moment it doesnt look like I will have a lot of extra spending money in my budget. I'm planning on Running a Full Traction 4" Ultimate lift with ATX Slabs and 37" Toyo MT. My question is will i be able to get away with running stock drive shafts? or will i have to replace them when i replace my suspension?

The trails around my area arent really that impressive and I dont think it would require to much flex when i go out. I do plan on replacing my driveshaft's in the future!!

Thanks for the help!!

Depends. If you have a 4-door, you'll be fine keeping your rear shaft. If you have an 07-11 with a manual transmission, you'll be fine keeping the front as well. If you have an automatic or a 12-up, you will need to get a new front shaft. If you have a 2-door, you will need to get a new rear shaft.

Awesome!!! thanks eddie!! any recomendations for what size and brand I should look into? also whats your opinion the Full Traction 4" Ultimate? Thanks again!!

Awesome!!! thanks eddie!! any recomendations for what size and brand I should look into? also whats your opinion the Full Traction 4" Ultimate? Thanks again!!

I would recommend a 1350 JE Reel shaft. It's what I run on my rigs now but, I've also had good results with Coast. Good shafts are made with enough slip to accommodate most any 3"-6" lift. I've run the FT 4" Ultimate kit and thought it was very good.

Top Bottom