SteerSmarts YETI XD™ JL/JT Sector Shaft Brace jlur clearance problems

JR-G

I have 2021 JLUR OEM.
I installed the sector shaft brace by steersmarts.
I know when I finished the clearance was tight from new sector shaft nut and track bar.
Went out the other day and upon heavy compression the nut and track bar make contact.
See pictures, they are taken with jeep in static position.
I have contacted Steersmarts but want find out if anyone else has had this problem.
Thanks
J

Attachments

• 20220411_114232.jpg
    20220411_114232.jpg
    141.7 KB · Views: 17
  • 20220411_114338.jpg
    20220411_114338.jpg
    169.1 KB · Views: 17
  • 20220411_114410.jpg
    20220411_114410.jpg
    154.3 KB · Views: 16
  • 20220411_114551.jpg
    20220411_114551.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 15

jeeeep

Hooked
my experience with steersmarts is their customer service sucks. they will tell you it was installed wrong or tell you it only works with their other over-priced components.

JR-G

Is your track bar rubbing your diff cover too?
Well had to go look but yes it is rubbing.
This is a metalcloak diff cover.
Long story short they had to replace the diff housing and the new one didn't come with a diff cover so they used one from their shop.
Don't know if the OEM One rubbed or not but it would have been close.

jeeeep

Hooked
Long story short they had to replace the diff housing and the new one didn't come with a diff cover so they used one from their shop.
the oem diff cover/track bar do not rub under any type of flex. well, at least not on my 2018 JLU

CalSgt

Hooked
the oem diff cover/track bar do not rub under any type of flex. well, at least not on my 2018 JLU
Same... No rubbing with the Factory one or the Spicer HD cast one.

Somethings off with your suspension geometry is my internet expert guess, either the axle is stretched too far forward, too much caster or something is bent

JR-G

I believe the wrong diff cover was installed, looking at MC site there are 2 for dana 44.
1 for dana 44 and 1 for wrangler dana 44.
Difference by looking at pictures the wrangler one is flatter.
Waiting to hear back from shop that installed this.

WJCO

Meme King
"Attenuators" are snake oil.
don't get what you mean by this?
"Attenuators" are these little dildos that Steer Smarts puts on the drag link and it's suppose to fix your steering like a magical little leprechaun. Snake Oil means 'full of shit.'

JR-G

my experience with steersmarts is their customer service sucks. they will tell you it was installed wrong or tell you it only works with their other over-priced components.
So contacted their customer service via email on web site last night thinking if didn't hear first thing this morn. would be giving them a call.
They responded promptly this morn. They are sending me a modified nut for extra clearance.
Seems most of the braces are sold to jeeps with lift already installed, so there wouldn't be problems.
The brace itself is well constructed and all parts are top notch.

Top Bottom