Steering bracket

Jimmy1934

I have a 23 JL and the steering seems loose and the Jeep wonders on the road. Would a track bar bracket help this or is the 23’s supposed to have that already? I was told to have 35 psi in tires and let it break in but hasn’t helped. Thanks

kevman65

Hooked
It's under warranty, take it to the dealer, tell them exactly what it is doing. Let them go over it and document what they find.
Always establish a paper trail before attempting any self repairs.

There are so many things that can be causing your problem and all of them are covered under warranty.

Upvote 0

Jimmy1934

It's under warranty, take it to the dealer, tell them exactly what it is doing. Let them go over it and document what they find.
Always establish a paper trail before attempting any self repairs.

There are so many things that can be causing your problem and all of them are covered under warranty.
Thank you

Upvote 0

WJCO

Meme King
I have a 23 JL and the steering seems loose and the Jeep wonders on the road. Would a track bar bracket help this or is the 23’s supposed to have that already? I was told to have 35 psi in tires and let it break in but hasn’t helped. Thanks
Any suspension mods on it?

Upvote 0

kevman65

Hooked
Now, when the dealer tells you everything is normal, you might want to look into getting a full steering set up. Tie rod bar, track bar, drag link bar. I went with Synergy but there are a lot of quality options out there.
I can attest that once you get those three switched out, the steering stiffens up quite a bit. The OEM stuff is lighter weight, has stamped ends on the bars, and there is basically slop built into it. Once you get the beefier stuff in and everything set and tight, the sloppiness goes away.

Upvote 0

Jimmy1934

Have you driven a Jeep before? Lol, in all seriousness, do what the others have said. No sense in poking at it yourself if it's under warranty. I bet it's something simple.
Yes sir we had a jeep Cherokee for five or six years, but this is the first actual jeep that I have driven. I know they are different than driving record vehicles I have two Ford trucks and I know the jeep is not going to steer like they do. Thank you.

Upvote 0
Top Bottom