Steering Box

IBeHeWhoIsJoshua

I have asked about steering boxes before (thank you again Eddie) which led to me looking around for information regarding getting a Delphi unit to replace what came in my '13. That led me to this http://www.agrperformance.com/Jeep-AGR-Performance-MB-Motorsports-JK.htm . Any opinions? I tried searching and couldn't find anything relevant.

Also, unless I am missing something, getting a Delphi box is a gamble? I can't just find a part number specifically tied to a Delphi unit...

NMJeeper

How much do one of those boxes cost?

My 2009 is feeling soft and I'm worried its in the box.
thx

WJCO

Meme King
How much do one of those boxes cost?

My 2009 is feeling soft and I'm worried its in the box.
thx

Welcome to WAL. They aren't cheap. Make sure you properly diagnose the steering system before throwing a new box in it.

NMJeeper

So I'm feeling like my Tie-Rod Ends are loose, but GoPro video shows all the ball joints are tight, and the front tracbar is not moving on either end. One set of turns and my steering center is one way, then the next turn its the opposite. The loose/squishy is just the slop thats been getting worse and worse. And obviously turning side to side in the driveway on all the above checks. Driving with the GoPro was just to throw some weight into it to see if it moved obviously.
Ball joints seem tight too. I've got 37's, and I've had the front end so slammed that the wheel almost broke my wrists crawling on the rocks. So its been through 7 years of abuse. I ran out of time last weekend to do more tests, almost tempted to take it to 4Wheel Parts or Desert Rat to see if they have an opinion.
I've got a Sector Shaft support Kit as well, for the last year.

Top Bottom