Steering box recomendation

JCMULEY

Got distracted and hit a rock at low speed but unfortunately it snapped my sector shaft. Anybody have a recommendation on a reasonable replacement? If there is an aftermarket available that is stronger than OEM at a similar price point please let me hear about it. Thanks!IMG_20200412_124325.jpgIMG_20200412_124332.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 3 using WAYALIFE mobile app

I see you have 2010 and from the looks of it the box is original. I would get an original replacement since most likely you don’t want to pay premium for PSC box.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

I’d still at least price out the PSC. That increased shaft diameter can save you from a day ending repair that you just experienced. It also gives you more turning power on the rocks.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

That would be much appreciated, Bill!! Could you link me to one you bought?

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler[/QUOTE]

How far do you want to go. I started off with the XD2 ported for the cylinder assist part number SG688R.

I’ve since then added the pump, ram, res, and cooler to it. The XD2 made a big difference turning the 37s over the stock box, but it is by no means as strong as the full system with the ram and pump. Buying the XD2 ported gives you the option to build and add to it in the future.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

Top Bottom