Steering...again

132JKPNW

Honestly, I just don't know. It looks like it has the right pieces in the set but I couldn't say for sure. Does it say if it comes with Jeep, Chrysler or Ram adapters?

Nope. I'm checking through reviews and don't see anything Chrysler related. I'll still go to the store and see if there are more details. The one you sent me, isn't carried anywhere around me, or I need to buy it online. Only problem is I need it today.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Nope. I'm checking through reviews and don't see anything Chrysler related. I'll still go to the store and see if there are more details. The one you sent me, isn't carried anywhere around me, or I need to buy it online. Only problem is I need it today.

Like I said, it "looks" like the HF kit comes with what you need. If you go back to autozone, ask them if they have a Jeep adapter. It might be a different make than OTC but I've been able to rent one from them in the past. Napa might have what you need too.

132JKPNW

So I went for it because they fit. The lower came with a snap ring. Lower is pressed all the way but doesn't expose the snap ring slot. Looks just like the factory one did before removing it and the factory one had a snap ring slot, no snap ring. Should I run with it?

WJCO

Meme King
So I went for it because they fit. The lower came with a snap ring. Lower is pressed all the way but doesn't expose the snap ring slot. Looks just like the factory one did before removing it and the factory one had a snap ring slot, no snap ring. Should I run with it?

I would clean both surfaces really well and try to get that snap ring on there. Looking at the photos, it should be the same distance and fit. I would try to figure out how to get it in there.

132JKPNW

Haha well at this point, I think I'll run with it because the oem ball joints didn't have one...btw this is much worse then I remember. Must of been having the right tools and a lift back in the day. I was able to make one of my sleeves work by grinding it down similar to the Chrysler version. After many other attempts of course....

jeeeep

Hooked
It's probably too late but if I recall the Dynatrac Pro Steers with the "splines" are for a sloppy hole and it says something like use as a last resort because it will ruin the hole in the knuckle. Hopefully I'm not remembering correctly

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

this^^^^ use the splined set as a last resort or if the previous bj had splines

132JKPNW

Ball Joints are in! Took it for a drive without the SS and up to 60 mph over numerous bumpy roads trying to simulate it and it drove great. Thank you everyone for you help! One more question, if i didn't experience and DW on my test drive, should i still use caution going up to 80 or should i be good?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Ball Joints are in! Took it for a drive without the SS and up to 60 mph over numerous bumpy roads trying to simulate it and it drove great. Thank you everyone for you help! One more question, if i didn't experience and DW on my test drive, should i still use caution going up to 80 or should i be good?

Sounds to me like you've fixed your problem. You should be good to go - congrats :thumb:

WJCO

Meme King

So cool you fixed it. And I hope it fixed your original symptom of fighting the steering too. You should be fine. All DW experiences I have had have been below 55mph, but maybe that's just me. I wouldn't worry about yours unless you feel like it's starting to come back again.

Top Bottom