Starting from scratch (2015 JKU build)

Mountainjk10

Caught the Bug
It's not even going to feel like the same Jeep. The Gears and Drag Link flip were night and day on my JK.
I have to be honest, I’m really noticing the drag link yet but the gears really do make a difference.

I need to do the same. Let me know how the gears and drag link do. What ratio are you going to?Jeep

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

I went with 4.88 gears. It’s a daily driver and it’s pretty flat here NJ. I’ll post up some pics of the work I had done.

Last edited:

Mountainjk10

Caught the Bug
Jeep is back from the shop. The gearing is the most noticeable difference so far. Also installed was Synergy ball joints, Artec c-gussets, RK drag link, and a RK raised track bar bracket. Here some pics of the work.
IMG_2375.jpg IMG_2374.jpg IMG_2373.jpg

fiend

Caught the Bug
Jeep is back from the shop. The gearing is the most noticeable difference so far. Also installed was Synergy ball joints, Artec c-gussets, RK drag link, and a RK raised track bar bracket. Here some pics of the work.
View attachment 325365 View attachment 325366 View attachment 325367

Gussets look good.

A little hard to tell from your photos, but it looks like your sway bar links are too short. You want the sway bar arms angled upward with the Jeep on flat ground. Yours look like they’re pointing slightly downward.

Mountainjk10

Caught the Bug
Gussets look good.

A little hard to tell from your photos, but it looks like your sway bar links are too short. You want the sway bar arms angled upward with the Jeep on flat ground. Yours look like they’re pointing slightly downward.

Yes, I shortened them a little because I thought they were rubbing the coil bucket. They’re not, and I haven’t moved them back yet.

Mountainjk10

Caught the Bug
It’s been awhile since I’ve posted any upgrades.
Installed the RK tie rod about a month ago.
IMG_2529.jpg

And I finally rigged up a homemade antenna bracket. I think it turned out ok.
IMG_2868.jpg

Noble Woodsman

I finally made the move and cut my fenders. I didn’t think it would be something I would do but with the 37’s I thought it was a must. Anyway, I think it turned out nice.
Also, added some oem hard rock rock rails. I got them for free from a friend.

View attachment 317828 View attachment 317829

What did you use to cut the factory flares? Those are some clean lines. Or are they aftermarket flares? Do they vibrate or flutter on the highway?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

Mountainjk10

Caught the Bug
I haven’t updated this thread in quite awhile. I just unknowingly responded to a comment from 5 months ago. Anyway, I’ve done a couple of upgrades in those 5 months, so I thought I should post them up.
The Dirty Life 9303 DT-1 wheels are the most recent. I’m digging the granite look.
Adjustments.jpg

Around the holidays I picked up a VKS stinger bumper and a Smittybilt X20 10k lb winch. After that I purchased a Factor 55 flatlink. Also, added some led fog lights.
Adjustments.jpg

I guess that’s it for now. The Jeep is coming along well. [emoji106]

Top Bottom