SPOTTED: Any 4X4 other than a Jeep JK/JL Wrangler

jmm176

Re: Spotted: Any 4x4 other than a JK

I lived in north fork for 2 months.....that's all it took

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using WAYALIFE mobile app

jkpete

I didn't see this In person but it sure looks fun.

Attachments

• image-1025463118.jpg
    image-1025463118.jpg
    220.3 KB · Views: 378

JKAnimal

Caught the Bug
Saw this Scrambler in Boulder last week. Very clean and completely re-furbished.

IMG_3078.jpg IMG_3079.jpg

Last edited:

JKAnimal

Caught the Bug
I believe you also spotted Mel and Lisa too ;) Good folks right there! That was really cool you made the trip up to CO.

Yes, getting to meet Mel and Lisa was the icing on the cake. They are very nice and easy to have a conversation with. I just appreciate folks like them! When I told Mel I was from Nacogdoches he said "You must know my friend Carl Yarbrough" which I do since we grew up together and graduated in the same class. Man it's a small world!

Being that I live in TX I don't usually get the chance to attend an event like the one in Boulder. I sure am glad we have relatives in Colorado and the event happened when it did! :thumb: It was definitely one our best family trips ever! Making memories. :D

JKAnimal

Caught the Bug
Here is a 1942 Willys Jeep. It runs great and has a Studebaker straight 6. It's not all original but its still really fun!

While I was there we fixed the winch and used it to move several large rocks. The PTO on this thing rocks!

IMG_3050.jpg IMG_3056.jpg

GCM 2

Yes, getting to meet Mel and Lisa was the icing on the cake. They are very nice and easy to have a conversation with. I just appreciate folks like them! When I told Mel I was from Nacogdoches he said "You must know my friend Carl Yarbrough" which I do since we grew up together and graduated in the same class. Man it's a small world!

Being that I live in TX I don't usually get the chance to attend an event like the one in Boulder. I sure am glad we have relatives in Colorado and the event happened when it did! :thumb: It was definitely one our best family trips ever! Making memories. :D

Man, I have always wondered where exactly in East Texas you were from! While I was growing up I spent many a day hunting and fishing in and around Toledo Bend and Sam Rayburn! I am originally from Lafayette, LA. but always loved spending time out in the woods around Nacogdoches.

JKAnimal

Caught the Bug
Man, I have always wondered where exactly in East Texas you were from! While I was growing up I spent many a day hunting and fishing in and around Toledo Bend and Sam Rayburn! I am originally from Lafayette, LA. but always loved spending time out in the woods around Nacogdoches.

I think it just shrunk a little more. :crazyeyes:

If you grew up in Lafayette then you know where Duson, Crowley are. I lived in Duson for about two years and my mom's family has always lived in Crowley. I have spent alot of time in Lafayette and Crowley during my life. Currently I still have one Uncle that lives in Lafayette where we typically have Christmas with that side of the family every year.

My Jeep also was purchased at Acadiana Dodge in Lafayette. :cool:

As for this neck of the woods it can't be beat for Hunting and fishing. Currently we have a great Wild Hog problem so lots of hog hunting year round.:rock:

GCM 2

I think it just shrunk a little more. :crazyeyes:

If you grew up in Lafayette then you know where Duson, Crowley are. I lived in Duson for about two years and my mom's family has always lived in Crowley. I have spent alot of time in Lafayette and Crowley during my life. Currently I still have one Uncle that lives in Lafayette where we typically have Christmas with that side of the family every year.

My Jeep also was purchased at Acadiana Dodge in Lafayette. :cool:

As for this neck of the woods it can't be beat for Hunting and fishing. Currently we have a great Wild Hog problem so lots of hog hunting year round.:rock:

That's too funny! Of course I know where Crowley is and I have friends and family in Duson. I still try to make it home every year. My sister is the only one that still lives in Lafayette, in the Saint streets area near the Cajun Dome. My dad lives out on the Atchafalya in Butte LaRose. My dad also worked at Acadiana Dodge a loooong time ago, we're talking like early 70's, but I still loved climbing in all the Chargers and Challengers with Hemi's back then.

As a kid I owned a boat before I had my first car :icon_crazy: I grew up wheeling all over in the mud down there, that's why I hate it so much now. The desert has spoiled me!

JKAnimal

Caught the Bug
That's too funny! Of course I know where Crowley is and I have friends and family in Duson. I still try to make it home every year. My sister is the only one that still lives in Lafayette, in the Saint streets area near the Cajun Dome. My dad lives out on the Atchafalya in Butte LaRose. My dad also worked at Acadiana Dodge a loooong time ago, we're talking like early 70's, but I still loved climbing in all the Chargers and Challengers with Hemi's back then.

As a kid I owned a boat before I had my first car :icon_crazy: I grew up wheeling all over in the mud down there, that's why I hate it so much now. The desert has spoiled me!

:crazyeyes: We usually stay in the Hilton Garden Inn right across from the Cajun Dome when we go down to Lafayette.

Louisiana has no shortage of mud! My Grandfather had 5 acres that always flooded when it rained and the neighbors would get their brand new 3-wheeler out (remember those) and we had all kinds of fun!

Safe travels GCM! Good to know you! :beer:

RUBI4US

Can't really say I "spotted" this, as it is a concept vehicle

Imagine, if you will, the bastard child of a Unimog and a Smart car.

1374706860020.jpg

Sent from my Galaxy S3 on Wayalife mobile

Markymark420

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1374709303.306698.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1374709319.468747.jpg

Pics from a trip up to Santiago peak this past weekend. Came around the bend and was presented with this scene.
An older model Powerstroke had gone off the trail (????) and had been saved from a 500 ft roll down the hill by a small tree.
Took a YJ and a H3T (first time I've seen one outfitted) about 2hrs to pull him back onto the trail.

Sent via Ku-band SATCOM using the WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom