Speed Sensor wire question.

Big-T

Has anyone had an issue with the length of the front speed sensor wires? I don't hear much talk about extending them or haven't really herd of anyone ripping them loose. Last weekend I was able to get my flex on pretty good and my spotter caught it before I ripped my line out, but it was close. I dont have them running exactly with brake lines due to new Crown extended lines are much longer, but I tried to pick the best route to keep the SS wire out harms way. Another thought was extending them or buying new longer kits. Is there any one that has extended theirs? Is cutting them a bad idea? Any ideas or suggestions would be much appreciated. Thanks for the help
If I missed this in the forums, please re-direct me to it as I couldn't find anything on it.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Unhook them from the bracket near the bottom on the brake line. They are way to long to over extend if you have them all the way unhooked.

Big-T

Unhook them from the bracket near the bottom on the brake line. They are way to long to over extend if you have them all the way unhooked.

I think the bracket you are referring to is the factory one on the frame where the brake-line and SS wire mount, it was removed and replaced with one that only holds the brake-line. The SS wire hangs down free from the frame, I made a zip tie into an eye-let and mounted it to my shock to help keep SS wire outta harms way. On the axle it is still hooked into both spots with the in-line rubber grommets. So is "all the way unhooked " removing the two from the axle as well?

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
I think the bracket you are referring to is the factory one on the frame where the brake-line and SS wire mount, it was removed and replaced with one that only holds the brake-line. The SS wire hangs down free from the frame, I made a zip tie into an eye-let and mounted it to my shock to help keep SS wire outta harms way. On the axle it is still hooked into both spots with the in-line rubber grommets. So is "all the way unhooked " removing the two from the axle as well?

Nope there is another one at the bottom. Yes the one at the top will help but there is one at the bottom as well. I will run out and take a picture quick.

Top Bottom