Special Summertime SoCal Suds-n-Grub - Saturday, June 16th - 5:30 PM

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Hey Jeff, when you get a chance, can you chime in about the parking situation and I know that Mituk has inquired about places to stay nearby. I'm sure that he would be grateful for any suggestions you could make :yup:

Honey Badger

Sorry for the late reply. Street parking shoudl be available, but as WOL stated you may have to walk a short distance. The closet major hotels are the Holiday Inn Long Beach Airport located at 2640 Lakewood Blvd (rate for saturday night is $140 and is approximately 3.5 miles from my house), Courtyard Marriott located at 500 E First st, (rate is $169 and approximately 4 miles from my house). There are a number of small motels within walking distance (1 mile or so) such as Bixby Knolls Motel or Sunshine Motel both on Long Beach blvd, however I have no idea of the quality of these places. If you would like to do your own search, use 90807 for the zip code.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Sorry for the late reply. Street parking shoudl be available, but as WOL stated you may have to walk a short distance. The closet major hotels are the Holiday Inn Long Beach Airport located at 2640 Lakewood Blvd (rate for saturday night is $140 and is approximately 3.5 miles from my house), Courtyard Marriott located at 500 E First st, (rate is $169 and approximately 4 miles from my house). There are a number of small motels within walking distance (1 mile or so) such as Bixby Knolls Motel or Sunshine Motel both on Long Beach blvd, however I have no idea of the quality of these places. If you would like to do your own search, use 90807 for the zip code.

thanks jeff :thumb:

Nicholas

You can add me to the list! I was on the fence on this one, with the drive and all but it sounds like its going to be a blast! Don't know yet what I will be bringing but I'll figure something out.

Honey Badger

mituk said:
what a name ;) I guess I will bring my sun glasses ...
Thanks Jeff.

See you on Saturday.

Lol. Look forward to seeing you. Though I am not sure how much "Sunshine" there really is at that motel.

Nicholas

sm_rubi said:
Nick the drive really isn't that bad but we take the toll road...let me know when you are planning to head up there...coming home is twice as fast if you have one of Jeff's Hurricanes...I literally passed out and lost time good thing I had a designated driver! :doh:

Lol, I want a DD! I'm heading up a little early to stop by rays place.

jelliott076

I'm going to bring Guacamole , Pico de Gallo, a little carne asada and beer. It sounds like the list has grown since I last looked!

CarsonCindy

Administrator
Staff member
All ready for tomorrow with some
Potatoes romanoff!!

Attachments

• image-3887139744.jpg
    image-3887139744.jpg
    247.2 KB · Views: 29

Honey Badger

jelliott076 said:
I'm going to bring Guacamole , Pico de Gallo, a little carne asada and beer. It sounds like the list has grown since I last looked!

No need for more meat unless you don't like what I'm cooking. I went a little overboard and have about 25 lbs of meat, 13 of it is already on the smoker. Gonna be about a 20 hr smoke on the pork.

Attachments

• image-1833081559.jpg
    image-1833081559.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 33

jelliott076

No need for more meat unless you don't like what I'm cooking. I went a little overboard and have about 25 lbs of meat, 13 of it is already on the smoker. Gonna be about a 20 hr smoke on the pork.

Overboard is good. I went overboard on the beer, and have yet to try the American Honey.... yeah looking into those LB hotels..

This is going to be a blast!! :beer::clap2:

StrizzyChris

looking forward to hanging out with everyone. I will be bringing cookies and treats/dessert.

I didnt recieve a PM with the address though. Could someone shoot me a PM with it?

StrizzyChris

looking forward to hanging out with everyone. I will be bringing cookies and treats/dessert.

I didnt recieve a PM with the address though. Could someone shoot me a PM with it?

Ignore that. I just logged into JK-Forum and the info is there. I have been in Ohio for the last two weeks so havent been on there since I left. See yall tonight

Top Bottom