Source for slider clip nuts?

I have a JKU Sport and I got a reasonable condition set of Rubi sliders on CL for free.

I pulled off the plastic steps and bolted the sliders on just fine… except one spot where I stripped a bolt which sets into a mounting clip nut.

I have extra bolts because the sliders came with a set… but I don’t have the clip nuts. I found the nuts in the diagrams on the mopar site but they have no part number.

Does anyone have any idea where I can find some of these clip-in bolts?

jeeeep

Hooked
I have a JKU Sport and I got a reasonable condition set of Rubi sliders on CL for free.

I pulled off the plastic steps and bolted the sliders on just fine… except one spot where I stripped a bolt which sets into a mounting clip nut.

I have extra bolts because the sliders came with a set… but I don’t have the clip nuts. I found the nuts in the diagrams on the mopar site but they have no part number.

ACE hardware has them.

I’m sure your trip to ACE won’t be more than 15 bucks and then you have all new hardware, which is what I would do.

BUT, if for some reason this doesn’t work out, I think I have all mine out in the shed that I could drop in an envelope and send to you.

JSFoster75

Lowe's may carry them as well.

I bought some at O’Rielley Auto and installed it. I’m not at all confident that they’re meant for torque though. I could feel the threads stripping when pulling it tight with the hand ratchet. I don’t know the torque spec of that bolt but I bet it’s at least 30ftlb… I think I felt it slip closer to 30inlb. 🤣

I need to keep looking I guess. Next time I’m at the Chrysler dealer I’ll pick up a handful.

jeeeep

Hooked
I bought some at O’Rielley Auto and installed it. I’m not at all confident that they’re meant for torque though. I could feel the threads stripping when pulling it tight with the hand ratchet. I don’t know the torque spec of that bolt but I bet it’s at least 30ftlb… I think I felt it slip closer to 30inlb. 🤣

I need to keep looking I guess. Next time I’m at the Chrysler dealer I’ll pick up a handful.
the ones Orielly carries are thin metal with little thread body.

dealer or ACE, the ace near me has an automotive like section and the clip nuts they carry are thicker

GP NOIR

Hooked

Or you got the wrong thread pitch/size

Top Bottom