Snow Day build

JKJason

I bought my 2013 Freedom Edition JKU back in October 2015, but never started a build thread. I originally bought the Jeep for Snowboarding and getting up into the mountains with ease after having issue with my last vehicle in the snow. It's name isn't officially Snow Day, but that's what people started calling it due to the license plate so I've just gone with that. I've been building custom cars/trucks for over 20 years so building on the Jeep was a given.

Here's the Jeep the day I bought it.
IMG_4614.jpg

As soon as I bought the Jeep, a good friend of mine that owns a custom shop in Cincinnati offered to sponsor the Jeep and put it in his booth at Cavalcade of Customs. This is a popular annual custom car/truck show that takes place in downtown Cincinnati every January. In three months I lifted the Jeep 3.5", installed some 35s and did a few other things like bumper, winch, CB other small accessories.
IMG_6187.jpg

This is how the Jeep sits today. It's sitting on a 3.5" Rock Krawler lift, Teraflex Monster trackbar, Bilstein 5100 shocks, JKS quick disconnects, 456 Yukon gears, ATX 17" wheels, 35" Nitto Mud Grapplers, Adam's driveshafts, Evo rock sliders, Rock Hard 4x4 cage, Smittybilt bumper, Smittybilt winch, Artec Industries truss/gusset, Arten Industries inner fenders, Black Oak LEDs, Super Chips programmer, Thrush muffler, LED headlights with switchback halos, generic fenders and a few other odds and ends.
IMG_2505.jpg
IMG_0045.jpg
IMG_0007.jpg

Near future plans: 37s (looking at Toyo Open Country, Nitto Trail Grapplers or possibly Milestars), full set of skid plates, half doors, stereo upgrades (nothing to crazy, just something with better sound), EVO tire carrier, lockers.
Not so near future plans (dreams at this point): 1 tons, 40s, motor swap to Cummins or V8.

Last edited:

HatcHJeeP

Awesome Jeep! I’ve been looking into getting new tires and the mud grapplers are on my list. I would love to hear your likes and dislikes. I noticed the trail grapplers are on your list of future plans and not the mud grapplers.

JKJason

Awesome Jeep! I’ve been looking into getting new tires and the mud grapplers are on my list. I would love to hear your likes and dislikes. I noticed the trail grapplers are on your list of future plans and not the mud grapplers.

I like the Mud Grapplers. I’ve owned some 37s on a truck and the 35s on the Jeep. They are amazing off road. The do leave a little to be desired in snow and rain. They don’t wear as fast as you’d expect them to. They are LOUD which is why I’m going to be going with something different. I’m starting to make more long distant trips (7+ hours) in the Jeep and a quieter tire would be nice.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

HatcHJeeP

Thanks for the information. I have BFGs now and they are just getting torn up on the rocks. IMG_6103.JPG
I got a great deal on them and they came with 17 inch rims so that’s why I originally got them.

Top Bottom