Snap on underhood worklight

Judesign

Caught the Bug
For anyone whose interested I've been looking at options for underhood worklights and many of the led lights I've seen are overpriced and honestly not very bright. So while searching around I found these snap on led lights that you can get online or like I did from Costco for 29.00. They're pretty good quality and put out 2000 lumen.
To make it work for me I found some decently strong disc magnets from harbor freight (advertised 95lb pull but I doubt it) and just connected them to the base. Pretty simple and they work great for me. It actually holds strong and now the light is overhead at whatever angle you need. Total spent about 35.00 ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1475165065.754003.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1475165085.100744.jpg

Judesign

Caught the Bug
Thanks guys. Yeah it's crazy what the price is for a decent underhood light bar that's less powerful than these. In all honesty if you have decent overhead lights in your garage you could just flip your hood all the way back but in my smallish garage that's not an option.

Bigjimbo

Any idea what the draw is? Curious if the end can be cut off in favor of a lighter plug or just gator clip it to the battery.

Last edited:

Slimebones

I too have this light. Highly recommend. Has been through a lot of abuse and keeps on working. Lots of light.

Judesign

Caught the Bug
Any idea what the draw is? Curious if the end can be cut off in favor of a lighter plug or just gator clip it to the battery.

Good question. I can't imagine much since it's led. That's one of the big benefits is that it doesn't get hot like halogen

Clifford33

Caught the Bug
Heck I would would even put those on my jeep for a spot light XD haha there only 20 bucks and are crazy bright

8POUND

These lights are great! I've had 2 for about a year. Use them all the time and definitely worth the price. I might have to modify one of them or just go and buy another one. Thanks for sharing.

Top Bottom