Smoky Mountain Jeep Invasion?

Kuboske

It's this next weekend. Any Wayalifers ever go? Is there anything to do besides the Jeep show?
I'm thinking large crowds, no trails, possibly a mall crawler extravaganza?
I would enjoy hiking in the Great Smoky Mountains...
A quick look at the vendors doesn't show me much as far as many I'd be interested in. No GenRight, no EVO, etc.
Any insight?

AZVAJKU

Hooked
We are attending for the first time.

We love the area and are meeting TN family members there so that’s the main reason we are going.

No info on the Jeeping part of it so I’ll post up our experience.

Kuboske

We are attending for the first time.

We love the area and are meeting TN family members there so that’s the main reason we are going.

No info on the Jeeping part of it so I’ll post up our experience.
That's cool.
I have time on my hands. It's a 7 hour drive in a non air conditioned old YJ though.
Or trailer it with the whole tow rig and not sure where I'd park everything.
Seeing the red hot rod first hand would be a definite plus.

AZVAJKU

Hooked
We arrived late last night. There are a metric butt load of Jeeps in town. While we have have seen a couple that fall into the ‘Kill it with Fire 🔥’ category, many of the Jeeps we have seen are solid builds. Lots of American 🇺🇸 flags are being flown so I am in the correct place. I’ll post some pictures later today.

AZVAJKU

Hooked
Day 1 of the event.

Jeeps everywhere. I am pretty sure there are more Jeeps in town than at EJS. Some of the attendee Jeeps are well out fitted for practical trail work and some are street cruisers. Some are stock and some have every possible gadget you could possibly bolt whether useful or not.

Walked over to the show and checked it out. There are big name manufacturers here that are selling major components and there are smaller companies selling all matter of items Jeep related.

Some of the cool Jeeps we saw:
1661537602250.jpeg
1661537633335.jpeg

1661537674546.jpeg

1661537699329.jpeg

1661537729364.jpeg

1661537752452.jpeg

Some of the not so cool Jeeps we saw. 😳

1661537895654.jpeg

1661537929828.jpeg

More to follow.

JT@623

Hooked
Day 1 of the event.

Jeeps everywhere. I am pretty sure there are more Jeeps in town than at EJS. Some of the attendee Jeeps are well out fitted for practical trail work and some are street cruisers. Some are stock and some have every possible gadget you could possibly bolt whether useful or not.

Walked over to the show and checked it out. There are big name manufacturers here that are selling major components and there are smaller companies selling all matter of items Jeep related.

Some of the cool Jeeps we saw:
View attachment 378573
View attachment 378574

View attachment 378575

View attachment 378576

View attachment 378577

View attachment 378578

Some of the not so cool Jeeps we saw. 😳

View attachment 378579

View attachment 378580

More to follow.
The last two are hideous or identify as gay. The Cherokee Chief and CJ I’d take either one 👍

Last edited:

AZVAJKU

Hooked
A couple more pictures. In the interest of common decency I will only post the cool Jeeps in this thread. The others will be properly placed in the ‘Kill it with Fire’ thread.

1661562356306.jpeg

1661562458302.jpeg

1661562484811.jpeg

This is the view out of our hotel window. There are several large parking lots full of attendee Jeeps. A surprising amount of 392’s. Our‘s is in the lower left hand corner of the below picture.

1661562635892.jpeg

1661562670420.jpeg

We spent a couple of hours in the show and then we walked around town. We had family come in to town so we went to the Ole Smokey Moonshine distillery for taste testing and then drove Go-Carts and played Mini-Golf. Good times.

AZVAJKU

Hooked
Overall we enjoyed this event, however it is completely different than EJS. This is more like a giant car show combined with a huge Jeep Rally. The event is experiencing massive growth. Several vendors informed us that this year was two or three times larger than last year’s event. Based off of what the vendors and attendees told us next year should be even bigger.

The below is my opinion and yours may differ.

+ What I liked about the event:
Gatlinburg and Pigeon Forge AKA: ‘The Redneck Riviera’.
Plenty of activities other than the show
Lots of breweries & Distilleries
Only a six hour drive for us
Close proximity to family
The locals are super friendly

+ What I did not like:
Way too many ducks! 🦆
A large amount of street cruiser Jeeps
This is not really an off-road event.

All things considered we will likely attend next year.

Top Bottom