Smoking Meat -- Tips, Opinions, Recipes

AZVAJKU

Hooked
We went to Costco on the way home from the Air and Space Museum and I picked up a package of St Louis style pork ribs. After applying some pork rub and garlic powder I put them in an Aluminum baking pan and threw them in the smoker at 250 for 5 hours. Added some mesquite chips every hour and let them smoke while I worked on Kaiser.

After 5 hours I pulled them out of the pans and threw them on the grids and let them smoke for another hour and a half.
IMG_3065.jpeg

Once finished I piled them in a casserole pan with BBQ sauce. They came out very tasty. Falling off the bone and super juicy. Got enough for dinner tomorrow and a couple of lunches.
IMG_3067.jpeg

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
We went to Costco on the way home from the Air and Space Museum and I picked up a package of St Louis style pork ribs. After applying some pork rub and garlic powder I put them in an Aluminum baking pan and threw them in the smoker at 250 for 5 hours. Added some mesquite chips every hour and let them smoke while I worked on Kaiser.

After 5 hours I pulled them out of the pans and threw them on the grids and let them smoke for another hour and a half.
View attachment 406502

Once finished I piled them in a casserole pan with BBQ sauce. They came out very tasty. Falling off the bone and super juicy. Got enough for dinner tomorrow and a couple of lunches.
View attachment 406503
Those look good but I am always so disappointed with pork ribs. Never have really liked them no matter if I cooked them or eaten out. Wish I liked them because I have a few racks from the pig we processed end of last year.

Andy5160

Hooked
Those look good but I am always so disappointed with pork ribs. Never have really liked them no matter if I cooked them or eaten out. Wish I liked them because I have a few racks from the pig we processed end of last year.
Adam,
Don’t be sad. Bunch of us out there would love to see that rack !!!!

Brute

Hooked
Pork ribs can be great…what do you not like about them? Try them ‘Nawlins style in grillades…it’s like a stew…

Top Bottom