Smoking Meat -- Tips, Opinions, Recipes

Attachments

• 93317EA2-1467-4B95-8853-088DA3781766.jpg
    93317EA2-1467-4B95-8853-088DA3781766.jpg
    112.8 KB · Views: 81
  • 187742CE-6726-4099-9E7B-B9AA2115CC04.jpg
    187742CE-6726-4099-9E7B-B9AA2115CC04.jpg
    116.5 KB · Views: 80
My new smoker arrived today. Spent the day assembling and doing a precondition heat that was recommended.
I'll get some pictures on here soon.
It is the Rec Tec RT-2500 BFG.

My new smoker arrived today. Spent the day assembling and doing a precondition heat that was recommended.

That thing is a beast. Look forward to seeing your cooks.

Nice! I have the 700 and love it. My boss recently got the BFG and cant say enough good things

Sent from my HD1905 using WAYALIFE mobile app

I think I’m leaning towards the 590. Based on the specs, it’s the same or even slightly bigger than my Weber genesis. Should do the trick for the amount we’ll eat. Since my wife said it’s a late Father’s Day gift, it’s also a little easier on the wallet.

That thing is a beast. Look forward to seeing your cooks.

I think I’m leaning towards the 590. Based on the specs, it’s the same or even slightly bigger than my Weber genesis. Should do the trick for the amount we’ll eat. Since my wife said it’s a late Father’s Day gift, it’s also a little easier on the wallet.
I was between the 700 and 590, one of the main reasons I went with the 700 is the larger capacity rear mounted hopper, as I'll be building it into an outdoor kitchen, but really idk if it's totally worth 400 more but for my application it will be. Probably won't be disappointed either way.

I've been wanting to cook my first brisket but all I can find are the flats, wondered if they were any good

Try to find a whole brisket, just the flat sucks in my opinion. There’s a reason BBQ places only smoke whole briskets and not just flats. Not enough fat to keep them juicy and really really easy to over cook it.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

Congrats! Damn you got the big boy! I have the RT 700 and love it. I bet that thing is awesome. What are gonna do first on it?

I was between the 700 and 590, one of the main reasons I went with the 700 is the larger capacity rear mounted hopper, as I'll be building it into an outdoor kitchen, but really idk if it's totally worth 400 more but for my application it will be. Probably won't be disappointed either way.

I was the same way. Went with the 700 and really happy with it. I use it all the time, my oven is starting to feel neglected.

Try to find a whole brisket, just the flat sucks in my opinion. There’s a reason BBQ places only smoke whole briskets and not just flats. Not enough fat to keep them juicy and really really easy to over cook it.

Will do, gotta keep my eye out for one. Hopefully can get to Costco this weekend.
I was the same way. Went with the 700 and really happy with it. I use it all the time, my oven is starting to feel neglected.

I cook a ton of stuff on the 700, only fired up the gas grill a few times since I've bought this.

Congrats! Damn you got the big boy! I have the RT 700 and love it. I bet that thing is awesome. What are gonna do first on it?

Well the plan is a pork shoulder marinated in a tomatillo sauce for about 12ish hours. Will see how that turns out for tacos.
Will take some pictures. Still need to get some of the BFG posted.

Top Bottom