Smoking Meat -- Tips, Opinions, Recipes

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
3-2-1 Texas Crunch Ribs

I keep it simple...

1) salt ribs at least 12 hours in advance
2) Apply rub of choice right before the meat goes in the smoker
3) Drizzle honey on ribs and add 1 oz liquid (I use apple juice) before wrapping ribs
4) Apply BBQ sauce of choice 30 minutes before finished

IMG_6229_zpsydtpbems.jpg

IMG_6238_zpsroewfs4j.jpg

I just made these, except I left them dry. They are amazing!!!! [emoji7]

IMG_8203.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

WJCO

Meme King
Bump. Not really a smoker recipe, but a good chicken marinade. 1 to 2 ratio of teriyaki sauce to Worcester sauce. Leave it set or 5 hours or so. Then grill it. Good stuff.

IMG_20170604_174830_418.jpg

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Picked up this little guy the other day. It's a tabletop grill but is also an attachment for a chargrill smoker to double as a firebox. Gonna try some tritip on it tonight and see how it works. Getting seasoned now.

IMG_3618.jpg

Mybadjk

Caught the Bug
I haven't done them in a while. But for ribs I peel the membrane off the back. I do a dry rub on them and cook them for 3 hours @300 then throw them on the grill for 30-45 min and another with with BBQ sauce mixture. Could probably do a smoker instead of the grill. Just have never tried. The meat will fall off the bone.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Can't wait to see how it works out! Been looking for a little smoker for when I get a place this fall

This isn't a smoker. It's just a charcoal grill. You can use it as a smoker along with any other charcoal grill, it's just not as easy as a straight up smoker.

I got this to hold me over until I decide which smoker I want.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
This isn't a smoker. It's just a charcoal grill. You can use it as a smoker along with any other charcoal grill, it's just not as easy as a straight up smoker.

I got this to hold me over until I decide which smoker I want.

Well that's pretty awesome! Curious to hear how you like it since it's multi use

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Well that's pretty awesome! Curious to hear how you like it since it's multi use

Worked pretty well. Only loaded chips twice and it was a little too much smoke. Next time probably just one round of chips and wrap in foil to keep the smoke down a little. Such a small cooking area that it doesn't take much. Will try some chicken tomorrow that I have been marinating for three days.

TrainWreck618

Caught the Bug
Picked up this little guy the other day. It's a tabletop grill but is also an attachment for a chargrill smoker to double as a firebox. Gonna try some tritip on it tonight and see how it works. Getting seasoned now.

View attachment 267180

Great little grill[emoji106] had one for years until it was stolen.. I would purchase another one, but haven't seen them around.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member

Nice buy :thumb:

Top Bottom