Skyjacker quality

DKronk42

So, im doing some info gathering for a friend, he won a 4in skyjacket lift through a raffle at a local off road parts shop. I have no experience with them personally and dont know anyone who runs one on a jk. So my question is how is their overall quality? Pros? Cons? Watchouts?

So, im doing some info gathering for a friend, he won a 4in skyjacket lift through a raffle at a local off road parts shop. I have no experience with them personally and dont know anyone who runs one on a jk. So my question is how is their overall quality? Pros? Cons? Watchouts?

I'm currently running the same setup on my ride. It is THE roughest ride I could imagine, in my opinion of course. The Freightliner I drive for work rides better than my JK.

Sent from my DROID4 using WAYALIFE mobile app

DKronk42

I'm currently running the same setup on my ride. It is THE roughest ride I could imagine, in my opinion of course. The Freightliner I drive for work rides better than my JK.

But as far as the control arms and joints and whatnot its pretty good? I guess my question is if the ride is your only issue with it, the kit is free so its totally justifiable to run the kit and swap in some plush rides and rancho 7000's?

I had caster issues with mine at first and ended up buying replacement arms that were adjustable. The problem is its pretty much a bargain basement lift and you know the saying, you get what you pay for. If it doesn't have adjustable arms then your sort of stuck with whatever caster and pinion angles if gives you which will greatly effect the way it handles. Swapping coils may help the ride but you may still have issues with handling.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
I had a skyjacker budget boost and it was horribly stiff! I don't mind a stiff ride but it was rough as hell even for my likings

Sent from my iPhone

DKronk42

So advise him to simply sell skyjacker kit and put money towards evo enforcer since either way he will be putting money into the skyjacker kit is what im hearing?

That would be a good plan as you won't be happy with it and you'd be throwing money and time at it that could be used for something better. I didn't have that option right away with mine because I bought my ride used with the lift already on it.

DKronk42

Yeah like i said, the lucky bastard won it in a raffle. So either way he is making out on the deal, i dont know how much the kit costs but even if he sells it for less than new, it makes his enforcer that much more affordable.

Yeah like i said, the lucky bastard won it in a raffle. So either way he is making out on the deal, i dont know how much the kit costs but even if he sells it for less than new, it makes his enforcer that much more affordable.

Very true, and he's gone this long without one so a little longer can't hurt too much.

DKronk42

Oh, ive had my jeep for a week, i better go to the parts store, oh look i basically just won a couple hundred dollars!

Top Bottom