Silver Lake Round 2 and then some

CedarRaider

That sucks. U-joints can be such a pain in the ass. I wish I had a soft top but will have to settle for removing the T's to let in a little sun.

Mitrig

Soft tops are cool but i can't stand mine at times. Especially since I am missing te upper door trim for it so it's a rolling parachute ahah

Yea ujoints are just pissing me off. It is such a dumb unit to begin with.

Question for you guys though. Anyone running an on board air system? I was debating buying the arb oba system but wanted to see one in action before I pulled the trigger.

Clark Griswold

Soft tops are cool but i can't stand mine at times. Especially since I am missing te upper door trim for it so it's a rolling parachute ahah

Yea ujoints are just pissing me off. It is such a dumb unit to begin with.

Question for you guys though. Anyone running an on board air system? I was debating buying the arb oba system but wanted to see one in action before I pulled the trigger.

I love my trek top and will have it on for this trip, had a few dirt bikes do a close fly by last time and got a lot of sand just in the windows so I will likely be keeping it on again. What are we thinking for meals, do we have a grill for a fire pit? Here is my on board air. Lol. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1407183177.765719.jpg

CedarRaider

I'm up for what ever on food. I'm bringing sandwich stuff,fruit and jerky type stuff. There is a great place for breakfast there on the way to the dunes also. Couple pizza joints, fish tacos. But will also get some brats from hansons in hart just east of the exit of 31.

Mitrig

See I was debating just hard wiring my portable air compressor but meh lol. So I'm going to rely on you for emergency air ahah. I always have an impact with the appropriate tools incase so you're officially the rolling air compressor ahah.

Food wise I'm up for anything really. I'll be brining some charcol and a pit BBQ with me. I was going to stop at Costco and pick up some steaks for the one night. I can have the pit going for when you guys get close by to the site on Friday if we want to BBQ that evening.

I definitely want to try the local food.

Clark Griswold

OK how about we BBQ Friday night then go out Sat, there are a lot of neat little restaurants up there. My little compressor fits in one hand so I don't think it will turn any tools. Haha. It aired up my tires fine last time but I think I will use the free air they provide on the way out of the dunes.

CedarRaider

OK how about we BBQ Friday night then go out Sat, there are a lot of neat little restaurants up there. My little compressor fits in one hand so I don't think it will turn any tools. Haha. It aired up my tires fine last time but I think I will use the free air they provide on the way out of the dunes.

That sounds good to me.

Mitrig

CedarRaider

Watched a couple videos on the tin cup and Lincoln route and unfortunately they look pretty flat. I'd be willing to go check them out though just incase they were filmed by mall crawlers that didn't film any hills.

CedarRaider

I don't have a set channel for the cb do we just want to pick 30 and we can see how busy it is when we head out and we can change it up from there. I'll PM you guys with my phone # just incase we get our signals crossed too.

Mitrig

Well I am game for any of the trails. I will have my cb on while at camp. So I am sure Juan or I will hear it go off once you guys get close by. I have no problem running 30 and going from there depending how busy a channel is. I still need to adjust my cb since I've only used it once before, fingers crossed! Ahah

CedarRaider

I'm the same haven't used mine at all. It worked when I used it in my last rig. But have a different antenna now.

Mitrig

Mine worked in the last vehicle but I ditched the dual whip set up and just ran a single so god knows how it's working on my jeep

JKbrick

Watched a couple videos on the tin cup and Lincoln route and unfortunately they look pretty flat. I'd be willing to go check them out though just incase they were filmed by mall crawlers that didn't film any hills.

I traveled to that area 4 to 6 times a year when I had quads. Stayed in the little town Luther just north of tin cup. Lincoln hills were awesome in the day but all the hills were blocked off due to erosion and such around 10 years ago. There were trails called the north loop and south loop that left out of a campground in Carrieville and there was a gas station across the street from the campground. From the campground about half way to m37 was Twin Creek Inn, a bar with good food. On m37 is club 37 with good dinner food. South of club 37 is Baldwin and there was a trail called little o and big o that were nice trails. It is a really nice area. I should say it was a nice area up until I sold my quads and haven't been able to get there for about 5 years or maybe 6. I really wish I could have been available to come up and meet you guys this trip

Clark Griswold

Channel 30 it is fellas, mine is brand new but I did just tune the antenna and have listened to a lot of conversations so I'm pretty sure it is good. Thanks for the trail advice JKbrick, I will likely be coming up one or two more times this year so I will give you a shout.

CedarRaider

I've been to the m37 club a few times it's pretty good. We used to stop in and grab a bite and a drink while on the bikes. Haven't taken the trails in that area though.

Mitrig

Oh I will be so down to do more trips like this. Michigan has amazing trails you just need a good convoy of jeeps and great company.

JKbrick

Channel 30 it is fellas, mine is brand new but I did just tune the antenna and have listened to a lot of conversations so I'm pretty sure it is good. Thanks for the trail advice JKbrick, I will likely be coming up one or two more times this year so I will give you a shout.

Please do I'd love to go up again, let me know how the trails are if you get over there, hopefully things are as good as they used to be in that area. If you guys like jerky make sure you go to the Dublin General store, you won't be disappointed

Top Bottom