SHOW us the SNOW!!

Thunder

Anybody been back around Holcomb Valley Campground in Big Bear? Wondering how deep the snow is back there. Want to head up this weekend. Hoping for at least a foot.

Last edited:

RockingK

Family sno day

My crazy family, daughter in her JKUR with grand baby on board, son Joey in his 69 LS d70/d60 Jeepster and Papa K in “Rocky” 2009 JK. Kids came up to the ranch to play and play we did. We found 1-3 feet if snow, an abandoned 97 Dodge Cummins truck very, very stuck and blocking 1/2 the trail. Had to pull line in three different locations to keep me off the abandoned truck. It took about an hour to get all three rigs around it. We get within a mile of the main road and find two guys hanging off a bridge with about a ten foot drop into a stream. They said they got lost the night before and were terrified. Joey and I ran a two line set up pulling them away from the creek and forward, then turned them around and pulled them up a steep ass hill with cliff on one side and no bail out on the other. They were in a Nissan Fronteir, no food, water, recovery gear and if we had not happened by, it would have been a bad hike to the main rd.

713EDD5E-20D5-4203-918F-AE7CB4A6836F.jpg 98CC635A-B2A9-47C0-8EDA-6BFA7C9C88B0.jpg B484E5B7-938B-42C3-B517-ADA83D19C0C6.jpg 69089AA5-04E5-4632-A720-F36548562421.jpg 0B8F7282-8057-46C1-972C-777E8F3D399F.jpg 46926CE3-5282-416F-873D-62B81D8D5A9F.jpg

WJCO

Meme King
My crazy family, daughter in her JKUR with grand baby on board, son Joey in his 69 LS d70/d60 Jeepster and Papa K in “Rocky” 2009 JK. Kids came up to the ranch to play and play we did. We found 1-3 feet if snow, an abandoned 97 Dodge Cummins truck very, very stuck and blocking 1/2 the trail. Had to pull line in three different locations to keep me off the abandoned truck. It took about an hour to get all three rigs around it. We get within a mile of the main road and find two guys hanging off a bridge with about a ten foot drop into a stream. They said they got lost the night before and were terrified. Joey and I ran a two line set up pulling them away from the creek and forward, then turned them around and pulled them up a steep ass hill with cliff on one side and no bail out on the other. They were in a Nissan Fronteir, no food, water, recovery gear and if we had not happened by, it would have been a bad hike to the main rd.

Scary shit. Glad you guys were there.

RockingK

Scary shit. Glad you guys were there.

My family and I have been doing this for a long time and know what we need, prepare for the worse, file a plan with a few friends and never go out alone. My son is a fireman paramedic and has real sense of recovery and safe practices....... I got to bust his balls on a safety item...hahaha. He is still running wire rope and forgot to use any whip protection. Brought it to his attention before he took up slack and I cut him none:cheesy: the old man rocked it today and had a blast with my family!

Top Bottom