Show Off Your Guns!

Exodus 4x4

I have a few AR's and have to agree with this. I love my Noveske and LaRue rifles but, grab my Colt most of the time to go plinking. I was focusing on a KISS "M4 clone" with this build. I'd recommend ditching the god awful factory trigger and buying a Geissele SSA or SSA-E.

View attachment 208160

I have both those triggers and can vouch for their awesomeness

TwistedJK

My Bushmaster XM15-E2S. Bought it brand new (before they were bought out by Remington) on sale for $450.00. It's been extensively upgraded and is a tack driver. A friend of mine picked up a Ruger SR-15 on sale locally for $475.00. It's light, accurate and fun to shoot, as all AR's are. My Bushy eats cheap ammo and the good stuff with no issues at all to date.
image.jpg
This is my S&W 9mm. I've carried a Glock 22 for years as my duty weapon. I hated the square frame and bulkiness of the gun. My first one actually cracked the polymer frame. 40 cals and polymers aren't the greatest mix, due to the higher pressure the 40 produces. The S&W has the newer redesigned trigger and it's awesome right out of the box. I did the stippling myself on both weapons.
image.jpg

mudmobeeler

Caught the Bug
Consider a glock 42. I'm by no means a glock fanboy but that is by far the easiest gun I have to conceal and the trigger pull is awesome.

I've never been a fan of Glock. Not saying the guns aren't great guns. Just never been a fan really. Raised on Ruger for the most part and love them. Have had several and never had any issues with them. I like the size of the LCP, it has been the best as far as concealment for me. I'm a big guy, so it gets hard to conceal a gun. I have long given up my tight Wrangler jeans but even the loose fit jeans are tight on me because of my size. I haven't really found a conceal holster I like other than the Urban Carry deep conceal holster. Most inside the waist band holsters won't really work for me, that I know of anyways, I've never tried one. Just been watching you tube videos. I even have my doubts on the urban carry one due to my gut. It would be tough. So I'm still looking and will most likely have to do something in the pocket, rather it be front or back pocket idk yet.

Plus it's decisions. Lol.

Edited to add: I have a Ruger AR 556, purchased for $650. So far I like it. But I honestly haven't even shot it much.

Exodus 4x4

I've never been a fan of Glock. Not saying the guns aren't great guns. Just never been a fan really. Raised on Ruger for the most part and love them. Have had several and never had any issues with them. I like the size of the LCP, it has been the best as far as concealment for me. I'm a big guy, so it gets hard to conceal a gun. I have long given up my tight Wrangler jeans but even the loose fit jeans are tight on me because of my size. I haven't really found a conceal holster I like other than the Urban Carry deep conceal holster. Most inside the waist band holsters won't really work for me, that I know of anyways, I've never tried one. Just been watching you tube videos. I even have my doubts on the urban carry one due to my gut. It would be tough. So I'm still looking and will most likely have to do something in the pocket, rather it be front or back pocket idk yet.

Plus it's decisions. Lol.

Edited to add: I have a Ruger AR 556, purchased for $650. So far I like it. But I honestly haven't even shot it much.

The pocket thing was my reason for going that small too. I can still carry inside my waste band but wanted something I could throw in my pocket easily. I also hate glocks and for no real reason other than because everyone else thinks they're so damn great. I tried the ruger out but after trying to squeeze a round off I figured I'd have a better chance of surviving a situation if I threw it at someone. The trigger pull was unreal and I want to say something like 9 pounds or more. I'm told it's to make it safer when you carry.

mudmobeeler

Caught the Bug
The pocket thing was my reason for going that small too. I can still carry inside my waste band but wanted something I could throw in my pocket easily. I also hate glocks and for no real reason other than because everyone else thinks they're so damn great. I tried the ruger out but after trying to squeeze a round off I figured I'd have a better chance of surviving a situation if I threw it at someone. The trigger pull was unreal and I want to say something like 9 pounds or more. I'm told it's to make it safer when you carry.

Yeah I've heard it's due to not having a safety switch on it. Personally I never really felt it was that bad for the intended purpose of the gun. I hope nobody gets in the situation they have to shoot somebody but if/when you do, I guarantee adrenaline will take over and you'll probably not even think of or even notice the trigger pull. I do hear you though, it does make you feel like it isn't going to fire and then you finally get there. There are upgraded triggers out there for them and the LCP custom is supposed to have a better trigger.

That's one reason I'm not a Glock fan as well. I've been lookin at the G27 Gen 4 or the Ruger SR40c and can't decide. I like some features of both and dislike some features of both. I've been thinking on the Glock just because it's a Glock and not that I believe it is or will but if something stupid does happen, the Glocks might be more prevalent in parts and crap because of so many LEOs and military carrying them.

BamBamDeer

Yeah I've heard it's due to not having a safety switch on it. Personally I never really felt it was that bad for the intended purpose of the gun. I hope nobody gets in the situation they have to shoot somebody but if/when you do, I guarantee adrenaline will take over and you'll probably not even think of or even notice the trigger pull. I do hear you though, it does make you feel like it isn't going to fire and then you finally get there. There are upgraded triggers out there for them and the LCP custom is supposed to have a better trigger.

That's one reason I'm not a Glock fan as well. I've been lookin at the G27 Gen 4 or the Ruger SR40c and can't decide. I like some features of both and dislike some features of both. I've been thinking on the Glock just because it's a Glock and not that I believe it is or will but if something stupid does happen, the Glocks might be more prevalent in parts and crap because of so many LEOs and military carrying them.

I can't warm up to a Glock.....but they Work and Work Well. I am a 1911 fan. ..but have used and still use Glocks. They are almost maintenance free... tend to eat everything you feed them and always go bang when you put your booger hook on the bang switch. They are not a target pistol though most are more accurate than people realize. They are a good, useful, but ugly tool.

My 1911s....are Beautiful....lol. They are heavy, big, and I carry one every day. I have my triggers set at 4.5lbs and often wear Perry Suspenders to keep some stress off my lower back. A pocket gun is handy... and a lot better than the one you left at home...but I don't have a big problem concealing a full size 1911. A small gun with a really hard trigger makes shot placement difficult. ...for me anyway.

Whatever you are comfortable with and feel good with is what you should use. A lack of a safety "switch" doesn't bother me...our Primary Safety is located between our ears....lol.....keep your booger hook off the bang switch until ready to fire.

Whatever you decide work on your presentation until it is muscle memory. It takes hours and hours. Continue practicing. ..it is a perishable skill. Good luck and let us know what you choose.

Bottom Rem700 in 300 win mag
Middle Remington 870 my "I dare you to come down my hallway" gun
Top Bushmaster ACR my dream gun

I should be getting my form 4 back for a suppressor for my 300 win mag soon

Attachments

• 1465923193832.jpg
    1465923193832.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 191
  • 1465923217409.jpg
    1465923217409.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 183
  • 1465923229560.jpg
    1465923229560.jpg
    101.8 KB · Views: 189

GraniteCrystal

Bottom Rem700 in 300 win mag
Middle Remington 870 my "I dare you to come down my hallway" gun
Top Bushmaster ACR my dream gun

I should be getting my form 4 back for a suppressor for my 300 win mag soon

When you get the suppressor on, can you post some video? I've thought about putting one on my 300 Win Mag as well. Save my ears while hunting.

GraniteCrystal

Will do sir, I got a killer deal on a sig titanium direct thread. Working for a gun store sure has its perks.

Sweet! Titanium would be awesome for weight/balance of the gun. Looking forward to seeing how it works. What ammo you shoot with it?

Here is a 1" group I shot at 200 yards with my 300. I was happy.

Attachments

• 1465925443044.jpg
    1465925443044.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 193

GraniteCrystal

Hand loaded 190gr Nosler LR loaded with 73gr of RL22 for around 2800 fps

Nice. I've considered getting into hand loading but have always prioritized other things above it. I primarily shoot to hunt better and the kill zone on an elk is quite a bit bigger than my current groups. Next goal is to extend my reach out to 500 yards and still be sub-MOA.

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
I can't warm up to a Glock.....but they Work and Work Well. I am a 1911 fan. ..but have used and still use Glocks. They are almost maintenance free... tend to eat everything you feed them and always go bang when you put your booger hook on the bang switch. They are not a target pistol though most are more accurate than people realize. They are a good, useful, but ugly tool.

My 1911s....are Beautiful....lol. They are heavy, big, and I carry one every day. I have my triggers set at 4.5lbs and often wear Perry Suspenders to keep some stress off my lower back. A pocket gun is handy... and a lot better than the one you left at home...but I don't have a big problem concealing a full size 1911. A small gun with a really hard trigger makes shot placement difficult. ...for me anyway.

Whatever you are comfortable with and feel good with is what you should use. A lack of a safety "switch" doesn't bother me...our Primary Safety is located between our ears....lol.....keep your booger hook off the bang switch until ready to fire.

Whatever you decide work on your presentation until it is muscle memory. It takes hours and hours. Continue practicing. ..it is a perishable skill. Good luck and let us know what you choose.

I'm by no means a Glock fanboy. They are ugly, but they work. This 19 has a Travis Haley Skimmer Carry trigger, Glock extended slide release, Vickers mag release, and Ameriglo night sights. I actually have the LCP & Glock on me today. The LCP is for when summer clothing makes it hard to conceal a firearm. Even though Mississippi is an, "Open Carry," state, I still choose to conceal, and I carry a Mississippi Enhanced Carry Permit, which only restricts me from carrying concealed in about 3 or 4 places.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1465928869.508830.jpg

BamBamDeer

I'm by no means a Glock fanboy. They are ugly, but they work. This 19 has a Travis Haley Skimmer Carry trigger, Glock extended slide release, Vickers mag release, and Ameriglo night sights. I actually have the LCP & Glock on me today. The LCP is for when summer clothing makes it hard to conceal a firearm. Even though Mississippi is an, "Open Carry," state, I still choose to conceal, and I carry a Mississippi Enhanced Carry Permit, which only restricts me from carrying concealed in about 3 or 4 places.

View attachment 208260

Looks like you have made your Glock Gtg for you. On a new one the first thing I do is replace the sights. I don't like plastic sights and the front wears down quick with lots of presentations.

I agree with the Concealed Carry. I carry as a Retired Officer..always concealed unless on my place. I don't want anyone to know I have it. On my property I usually carry a single action revolver on my belt. Lots of snakes, feral dogs, squirrels and targets of opportunity. My Wife and I both reload....she says it relaxes her. Fine by me...I like to shoot...lol. My Buddies keep reminding me about my life insurance policy...and she smiles about it....lol.

I love to see guns with a little wear on them. It shows they are being used as intended.

Nice. I've considered getting into hand loading but have always prioritized other things above it. I primarily shoot to hunt better and the kill zone on an elk is quite a bit bigger than my current groups. Next goal is to extend my reach out to 500 yards and still be sub-MOA.

I'm key holing rounds at 200

Top Bottom