Show Off Your Guns!

Draconianwinter

You're probably going to get a ton of opinions on scopes, but here's what I got for a relatively cheap scope. I am not really experienced with a lot of scopes, but have loved this one. I have had this thing for about five years, and the same battery in it working strong. I have this on an AK that stays accurate at 100 yards (that's pretty good for an AK). I used to work on the road and would stop often at a shooting range when I got off of work, so for years this thing banged around in the trunk of a car (in a soft case) and ALWAYS stayed accurate. It has a rubberized coating and is shock-absorbant. I don't shoot with both eyes open, so can't comment on that. But other than that, I recommend this thing to everyone looking for a scope.

View attachment 231030

View attachment 231028

View attachment 231029

It was much more when I bought it, looks like it's gone down a lot. Old model I guess.

http://shop.opticsplanet.com/nc-sta...plusbox-beta&gclid=CL2Lk8qmq9ACFZQ0aQodOnYHFw
That scope reminds me of the trijicon

Sent from my SM-N920V using WAYALIFE mobile app

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
I seriously hate looking at this damn thread.
As if I don't spend enough money on jeep parts, new coffee grinders, $16.00 per 12oz bag of whole bean Murdered Out BRCC coffee, jeep parts, beer, bourbon, jeep parts, and steaks from Costco....... :shock:

Yeah, but that's good coffee!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

notnalc68

I like vortex optics. I have one of their scopes on my bn308. Personally though I would look into something like either the aim point or eotech. I know eotech makes a magnifier that can be mounted behind their red dot for further range of need be. Down side is their stuff is pricey. I have an eotech on my sr762 and no complaints at all with it.

The magnifier will work for an Aimpoint, too.

Labricon

Caught the Bug
I seriously hate looking at this damn thread.
As if I don't spend enough money on jeep parts, new coffee grinders, $16.00 per 12oz bag of whole bean Murdered Out BRCC coffee, jeep parts, beer, bourbon, jeep parts, and steaks from Costco....... :shock:

Let's not forget cigars, cameras, wine and now drones!!!
.....sorry..forgot guitars, knives and tattoos.....

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Sorry...forgot

I recently picked up a Daniel Defense DDM4v11 and I figure this is a good place to ask for opinions on optics. I'm not looking to break the bank, but I would like something reliable and strong that I can use with both eyes open at close range and also use out to a few hundred yards if need be. Right now, the Vortex Strike Eagle 1-6x24 is high on my list of possibilities. Any other suggestions?

The Strike Eagle is an amazing optic for the price and you won't beat it as far as deal wise.

Draconianwinter

Let's not forget cigars, cameras, wine and now drones!!!
.....sorry..forgot guitars, knives and tattoos.....

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Sorry...forgot
Yep I love this forum is a kind of love hate relationship. Love the info and the people are great here, but at the same time I hate it because I keep sering things I want and cannot afford atm lol

Last edited:

Draconianwinter

The magnifier will work for an Aimpoint, too.

I figured they likely had one for it, but as I have never looked at the aim point, which I wish I had, I didn't comment on that. One thing I like the aim point over the eotech is how long the batteries will last in one of those things. Friend of mine bought one about a year ago. To this day he had not turned it off or replaced the batteries in it

Draconianwinter

I have a Vortex on my Savage 110 and one of their red dots on my AR-15 rifle. I will probably move the red dot to my AR-15 pistol at some point and get something with some magnification for the rifle soon.
I have not seem their red dots yet. The place I buy from didn't have any so I have not had the pleasure of song how they are, but definitely like their scopes

BamBamDeer

I'm partial to Aimpoint, especially since I saw Larry Vickers torture a DDM4, and the aimpoint worked, even after blowing it up. The have no magnification, though so out to 300, it would be all on your ability and eyesight.

View attachment 231031

That Daniel Defense Rifle is a good choice....the Aim point in my opinion is a perfect companion. Battery lasts for years and it is a rough and tumble sight.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using WAYALIFE mobile app

daddyusmaximus

Guns? Cool, another chance to show off stuff on the internet.

First up, Plain Jane AR in 5.56 with a 16" fluted stainless 1/8 barrel, 3x9 scope, BUIS, JP Trigger group, chrome BCG. It's light, fast, and shoots well. Built it on a Spikes receiver.

daddyusmaximus

Next up, regular guy gun. Savage Axis in .308 in a Boyd's laminated stock, with Nikon glass, a trigger job, and a custom bolt handle. (custom knob on factory handle)

daddyusmaximus

Cowboy gun. Rossi M92 in .44 mag. I wanted one they didn't make. Got the rifle with a 24" heavy octagon barrel, and had it cut down to 17". Now I have the shorter carbine, but not the generic round carbine barrel.

daddyusmaximus

"Things that go bump in the night" gun, .300 Blackout SBR. Wilson Combat 11.3" stainless match barrel in a DD rail, YHM chrome BCG, JP trigger system, Aimpoint Comp M4s, Surefire mini-scout light, built on a Spikes receiver.

Bonus points, the upper is an Arms Teck Compak 16 upper that I used on my issue M4 in Iraq. It had a 9.5" 5.56 barrel on it then.

Last edited:

BamBamDeer

Next up, regular guy gun. Savage Axis in .308 in a Boyd's laminated stock, with Nikon glass, a trigger job, and a custom bolt handle. (custom knob on factory handle)

That Boyds Stock really sets that gun off. A local shop has a .308....it has a heavy barrel...large bolt handle...threaded barrel and a green synthetic stock. I have thought of picking it up but didn't think about a Boyds Stock. I am now ......

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using WAYALIFE mobile app

notnalc68

I recently picked up a Daniel Defense DDM4v11 and I figure this is a good place to ask for opinions on optics. I'm not looking to break the bank, but I would like something reliable and strong that I can use with both eyes open at close range and also use out to a few hundred yards if need be. Right now, the Vortex Strike Eagle 1-6x24 is high on my list of possibilities. Any other suggestions?

That's a fine rifle, btw.

Top Bottom