Should I get a JL or JT

kevman65

Hooked
To answer your question, yes the extra length on the JT can cause break over issues and drag or bounce the tail HARD. I believe the turning radius is larger, which can cause issues on tight trails with short radius turns.

Other than that the JT sucks the money out of your wallet just like any other Jeep.

Reactions: RCC
I current own a 2018 JL Rubicon. My plan was to do full Evo build when my wife’s new Bronco shows up.

I have been watching a lot of videos and I am starting to get the itch for a JT. My wife and I plan to start traveling and off-roading which is the reason for the build.

I would like some opinions as to if the JT gives up anything off-roading vs the Wrangler? Mainly does the increased length of the JT cause issues?

I have been around Motorsports for along time but I am new to off-roading And I’m doing my best to make a good decision the first time.

Thanks for any help.
What type of off-roading do you plan to do? Rock-crawling, trail exploring, overlanding? These can be quite different.

The JT may be much longer (certainly longer than my 2-door JL Rubicon) so many off-road metrics will suffer and it won't be as nimble. However it has a high load capacity and will track better on the highway so it may be better for overlanding on long expeditions.

Consider that if your wife gets the Bronco that it will be a short vehicle like the JL. If you want to compete with your wife then you may want a Jeep of similar dimensions, but if you use only one at a time then you could use them for different purposes.

WJCO

Meme King
What type of off-roading do you plan to do? Rock-crawling, trail exploring, overlanding? These can be quite different.

The JT may be much longer (certainly longer than my 2-door JL Rubicon) so many off-road metrics will suffer and it won't be as nimble. However it has a high load capacity and will track better on the highway so it may be better for overlanding on long expeditions.

Consider that if your wife gets the Bronco that it will be a short vehicle like the JL. If you want to compete with your wife then you may want a Jeep of similar dimensions, but if you use only one at a time then you could use them for different purposes.
Well said.

WJCO

Meme King
I current own a 2018 JL Rubicon. My plan was to do full Evo build when my wife’s new Bronco shows up.

I have been watching a lot of videos and I am starting to get the itch for a JT. My wife and I plan to start traveling and off-roading which is the reason for the build.

I would like some opinions as to if the JT gives up anything off-roading vs the Wrangler? Mainly does the increased length of the JT cause issues?

I have been around Motorsports for along time but I am new to off-roading And I’m doing my best to make a good decision the first time.

Thanks for any help.
I merged your thread here. Lots of good info. The OP just traded in his JL for a JT.

black pearl

Hooked
I wasn’t on the trail but in my shop. I disturbed one of the local residents.

Attachments

• 82F35CD7-EB38-4368-B44F-D717982D5E6E.jpeg
    82F35CD7-EB38-4368-B44F-D717982D5E6E.jpeg
    197.6 KB · Views: 27
  • EB2C7EB2-737D-4E17-A4F2-C5AFE5DC198D.jpeg
    EB2C7EB2-737D-4E17-A4F2-C5AFE5DC198D.jpeg
    194.1 KB · Views: 27

CalSgt

Hooked
I wasn’t on the trail but in my shop. I disturbed one of the local residents.
One of those little bastards snuck into my garage the day I left for a week long camping trip, he ran out as soon as I got home but then moved right back in the next time the door opened. I fought that jerk for weeks to get him back out again

black pearl

Hooked
One of those little bastards snuck into my garage the day I left for a week long camping trip, he ran out as soon as I got home but then moved right back in the next time the door opened. I fought that jerk for weeks to get him back out again
I don’t mind them, they keep the rodents at bay.

Top Bottom