SHIPPING SILLINESS

WJCO

Meme King
I ordered a book a week ago from about 200 miles away. Supposed to be delivered yesterday. It didn't come. I check status, it was shipped USPS, then given to UPS on 9/9, then given back to USPS on 9/11. Since 9/11, no update and it just says DELAYED. :)

WJCO

Meme King
Also, I got several random pieces of Chinese bullshit (like stupid shit that Walmart wouldn't even sell) from Amazon in the last few days that I never ordered. I thought some friends were fucking with me. They denied it. A quick Google search looks like it was a "brushing scam." A package is really bought and sent to a real person and then the scammer has a way of writing a fake review about the purchase to get ratings/reviews up for the item. I called Amazon and gave the tracking info and they took care of it. Amazon told me to keep, donate, or trash the shit. No Jeep parts sadly.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Also, I got several random pieces of Chinese bullshit (like stupid shit that Walmart wouldn't even sell) from Amazon in the last few days that I never ordered. I thought some friends were fucking with me. They denied it. A quick Google search looks like it was a "brushing scam." A package is really bought and sent to a real person and then the scammer has a way of writing a fake review about the purchase to get ratings/reviews up for the item. I called Amazon and gave the tracking info and they took care of it. Amazon told me to keep, donate, or trash the shit. No Jeep parts sadly.
Wow, that's nuts.

Spazbyt

Hooked
Instead of random shit, they were sending packs of plant seeds a lot of which were invasive species. It became so common around here the local news had to tell people to stop planting them. So in 10 years when our lakes and rivers are full of Asian carp, our oceans are full of lionfish and our forests are full of some invasive Asian weed you know how it happened.

WJCO

Meme King
Instead of random shit, they were sending packs of plant seeds a lot of which were invasive species. It became so common around here the local news had to tell people to stop planting them. So in 10 years when our lakes and rivers are full of Asian carp, our oceans are full of lionfish and our forests are full of some invasive Asian weed you know how it happened.
I remember hearing about that last year.

Murphyfish

Caught the Bug
Great thread and so true. I hate getting little stuff like that in a big ass box. I also hate all the childproof packaging on the toys nowadays. I nearly had an emergency room visit opening one my kids' toys last week from the sharp plastic that required the jaws of life to open it.

Lol. :cheesy:
That’s because they want you to destroy the packaging. You can’t return it.

WJCO

Meme King
Following up on this. I got charged for this shit and have no idea how. I don't keep my CC number on file at Amazon. Long story but short version is that charges popped up from Amazon about 2 weeks ago that I didn't recognize (I had completely forgotten about this shipping bullshit so that didn't even come to mind). CC company refunded them to me as fraud, sent me a new card, etc. All is good.

Yesterday, charges got put back on my account and a letter from CC company saying that their investigation revealed that charges were valid and not fraudulent. I spent a lovely amount of time with them on the phone this morning and once they shared the documentation that they had from their investigation, I remembered all that shit that was sent to me because one of the items they described matched what I got. I explained the whole story and luckily they said they would again reverse the charges.

If I ever get shit like this again, I'll figure out away to return it and I'll change my CC number right then even if charges aren't showing at that time.

Top Bottom