Service axle Locker dash light

jeeeep

Hooked
Finally got around to installing the Z-Automotive Locker bypass on the rear locker.
The plug was covered with oil, means the sensor is filled with oil which I'll deal with another time.
For now everything is working fine.
20231030_160040.jpg

The spot at the base is how much oil poured out when I pulled the plug.
20231030_155724.jpg
Looks like Mopar has the sensor available, I hear it comes with a small jar of vasoline lube cause at this price, you're going to need it 😲 Sensor.JPG

Last edited:

tallguy26

Caught the Bug
Finally got around to installing the Z-Automotive Locker bypass on the rear locker.
The plug was covered with oil, means the sensor is filled with oil which I'll deal with another time.
For now everything is working fine.
View attachment 397627

The spot at the base is how much oil poured out when I pulled the plug.
View attachment 397628
Looks like Mopar has the sensor available, I hear it comes with a small jar of vasoline lube cause at this price, you're going to need it 😲 View attachment 397629
If I remember coreectly you get 5 sensors for that price.

Tixslam

I know that places like Quadratec are not popular here, but they have them available for $30.29 each. Search for

Mopar 68400411AA Rubicon Axle Locker Connector​

1699041020484.png

jeeeep

Hooked
I know that places like Quadratec are not popular here, but they have them available for $30.29 each. Search for

Mopar 68400411AA Rubicon Axle Locker Connector​

View attachment 397698
I wish it was that easy and cheap, but that's the connector that's on the axle housing; it joins the sensor and external connector.
The part that gets filled with oil and shorts out to cause the error is the sensor displayed in the original post.
Jeep didn't think a hollow plastic sensor bathing in hot oil would need to be potted to protect the encased electrical components.
I hear there's a service bulletin out for the issue, but not a recall but wouldn't help since I've regeared.
The Z-automotive fix is working.
I don't plan to keep it permanent but may have to wait while until I change the gear oil then I'll pull the sensor and try to pot it.
If I screw it up then the Z-Automotive fix becomes permanent lol

I wish it was that easy and cheap, but that's the connector that's on the axle housing; it joins the sensor and external connector.
The part that gets filled with oil and shorts out to cause the error is the sensor displayed in the original post.
Jeep didn't think a hollow plastic sensor bathing in hot oil would need to be potted to protect the encased electrical components.
I hear there's a service bulletin out for the issue, but not a recall but wouldn't help since I've regeared.
The Z-automotive fix is working.
I don't plan to keep it permanent but may have to wait while until I change the gear oil then I'll pull the sensor and try to pot it.
If I screw it up then the Z-Automotive fix becomes permanent lol
I’ve given up on the oem sensors and won’t pay that much money for them. I’ve just gone with the ZA bypass. My rear sensor plug is puking gear oil too and I made my ZA bypass permanent. Still need to get one for the front so when the sensor fails im covered.

Top Bottom