Service 4WD Light

Why1504

Caught the Bug
My Service 4WD light has come back on with my 2023 392XR with 7200 miles on the clock. I can tell the vehicle is in 4WD all the time. It is difficult to turn the car at low speeds. I don’t tow. The same thing happened on my trip to Colorado, I used the Tazer to clear the code and the light didn’t come back on and the 4WD worked fine. I plan to remove the Tazer and take her to the dealer. Is this how I should handle this?

Thanks!!

sucks but yes, your dealership is who you should have look into this. Wouldn’t surprise me if it’s a problem with your t-case.

sucks but yes, your dealership is who you should have look into this. Wouldn’t surprise me if it’s a problem with your t-case.
So the transfer case issues. Do you think it’s from people leaving it in auto when they should be in 4H/L off road? Or a bad transfer case as a whole?

So the transfer case issues. Do you think it’s from people leaving it in auto when they should be in 4H/L off road? Or a bad transfer case as a whole?
The t-case as a whole sucks or at least in my opinion. However, I do think the problem probably stems from people not shifting into 4WD when they should be. I’m thinking this may cause the clutch packs to wear out prematurely.

Ok. I have an appt with the dealer Monday. I uninstalled the Tazer and the light went out and the transfer case appears to be operating normally. Any advise?

I emailed Tazer. They have suggested the Tazer may have gotten confused and be causing the problems. I plan to cancel my appointment with the dealer and re-install the Tazer to see if the issue continues or goes away.

Top Bottom