Secluded lakes to camp on in California?

mo0s3

Anyone know of some good lakes that are secluded and would be fun for me and my boys to go camping with my rooftop tent on my JKU

mo0s3

They could be any place in California really. I'm just looking for a nice spot to take my boys. But I'm located in Southern California.

Rccrwlr

It's good your in SoCal. All of the lakes in NorCal have been drained to fill this. Enjoy our water! :cheers:
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1439345939.141595.jpg .

JKCrawler

Check out Coyote Flat/Funnel Lake out of Bishop. Always plan for the Eastern Sierra thunder storms. Last time I was up there we had big storm roll in. It rained through the night. The next day was perfect.

Last edited:

JKCrawler

Sorry, just want to have fun with my kids and my Jeep. Better they are outdoors then on a iPad :)

I grew up Jeepin and camping with my parents in my Dad's CJ5. Now I take my kids Jeepin and camping. Glad to see people are still getting there kids out to see the backcountry.

Yes unfortunately a lot of trails have been closed over the years because of misuse. Hopefully the people that read your forum post follow the "leave no trace" ethics and help keep our trails.

Pick up the book "Guide to California Backroads & 4-Wheel-Drive Trails".

Last edited:

mo0s3

I grew up Jeepin and camping with my parents in my Dad's CJ5. Now I take my kids Jeepin and camping. Glad to see people are still getting there kids out to see the backcountry.

Yes unfortunately a lot of trails have been closed over the years because of misuse. Hopefully the people that read your forum post follow the "leave no trace" ethics and help keep our trails.

Thanks bud,
I'm not trying to destroy anyone's secret, message me suggestions if y'all want :)

BDSJEEP

As a fresh newb' to off-roading I took this advice...

...one of the best books I could find! Complete with co-ords, difficulty levels, the whole nine yards. Awesome!

Thanks for the recommendation! :thumb::yup:

JKCrawler

As a fresh newb' to off-roading I took this advice...

...one of the best books I could find! Complete with co-ords, difficulty levels, the whole nine yards. Awesome!

Thanks for the recommendation! :thumb::yup:

Glad the info helped ya...Welcome to Jeepin and exploring the backcountry...

Top Bottom