scull20's Build of "Equinso Ocha" (aka White Devil)

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Couple highlights from Rausch this past weekend. An overall awesome run and fantastic time with friends. Front bumper and skids got some lovin', but otherwise no issues to note. Definitely getting more comfortable on the difficult trails, under Steve's tutelage. However, I still refuse to do the trails that appear to have the Zika Virus, Swine Flu, and/or Ebola at the end of them....the fact that those trails happen to have very large rocks throughout them is purely a coincidence.

View attachment 224791
View attachment 224793
View attachment 224794
View attachment 224795

You did great this past weekend Ryan! You really have come a long way!

WJCO

Meme King
Couple highlights from Rausch this past weekend. An overall awesome run and fantastic time with friends. Front bumper and skids got some lovin', but otherwise no issues to note. Definitely getting more comfortable on the difficult trails, under Steve's tutelage. However, I still refuse to do the trails that appear to have the Zika Virus, Swine Flu, and/or Ebola at the end of them....the fact that those trails happen to have very large rocks throughout them is purely a coincidence.

View attachment 224791
View attachment 224793
View attachment 224794
View attachment 224795

Sweet shots!

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
Your JK is looking great! I just put my hardtop back on as well and I agree, its much easier to get into the back.

scull20

Not Jeep Related...I'll be in the Philly/King of Prussia area this Wed-Fri, taking the Civil/Structural PE exam this Fri.

If there's any WAL members that wanna grab a beer Wed (maybe Thurs), give me a shout!

-Ryan

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Not Jeep Related...I'll be in the Philly/King of Prussia area this Wed-Fri, taking the Civil/Structural PE exam this Fri.

If there's any WAL members that wanna grab a beer Wed (maybe Thurs), give me a shout!

-Ryan

Let's grab a drink Friday! KOP is 20 mins from me! Shoot me a text later this week

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

scull20

This place is awesome. Spent more time buy gifts than anything, but it's cool being able to browse the store rather than just looking at pictures online.

IMG_1477522490.983058.jpg

scull20

Resonator and evap skid have seen better days after yesterday's Rausch trip. Crawl-Daddy molded them into modern art. Everything seems to be running fine despite the resonator having less volume than before. No signs of any exhaust leaks either. The evap canister could use a zip tie, or three...it's hanging on by a thread at the moment.

IMG_1478557037.560948.jpg
IMG_1478557051.517754.jpg

Last edited:

Hawkeye11

You seem happy with the 3" enforcer with ranchos and 35s. I haven't seen mention of any rubbing issues with the stock fenders? especially as hard as it seems you wheel. Also, are you still running 4.10s and, if so, how is that working? I have a stock 2011 and am in the newbie research stage. Thanks for your time

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

scull20

You seem happy with the 3" enforcer with ranchos and 35s. I haven't seen mention of any rubbing issues with the stock fenders? especially as hard as it seems you wheel. Also, are you still running 4.10s and, if so, how is that working? I have a stock 2011 and am in the newbie research stage. Thanks for your time

Hahah, I'll certainly take that as a compliment...but make no mistake, I'm still very green when it comes to wheeling.

I am indeed very happy with the 3" enforcer and ranchos. As far as the ranchos go, the 9000s are nice, but I haven't had a chance to fiddle with the adjustment on them. You'd probably be just as happy and save some cash by getting the 5000s. That's what I would do if I could do it over.

I only get minor rubbing on fenders and the front bumper while flexed almost completely...and it's no where bad enough to where anything NEEDS to be trimmed at the moment. Keep in mind that I also have 1.5" spacers on the wheels.

Still running the stock 4.10's and haven't had any problems. Also used a Jcal to set the speedo and shift points for the 35's. Plenty of power still driving around town and on the trail. However your 3.8 may be a bit more noticeable around town with the 35's.

Hope it helps...let me know if you have any other questions.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Hahah, I'll certainly take that as a compliment...but make no mistake, I'm still very green when it comes to wheeling.

I am indeed very happy with the 3" enforcer and ranchos. As far as the ranchos go, the 9000s are nice, but I haven't had a chance to fiddle with the adjustment on them. You'd probably be just as happy and save some cash by getting the 5000s. That's what I would do if I could do it over.

I only get minor rubbing on fenders and the front bumper while flexed almost completely...and it's no where bad enough to where anything NEEDS to be trimmed at the moment. Keep in mind that I also have 1.5" spacers on the wheels.

Still running the stock 4.10's and haven't had any problems. Also used a Jcal to set the speedo and shift points for the 35's. Plenty of power still driving around town and on the trail. However your 3.8 may be a bit more noticeable around town with the 35's.

Hope it helps...let me know if you have any other questions.

Your not that green anymore! Your driving has come a long way! Our game of follow the leader proves that

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Hawkeye11

Hope this is the proper way to reply, haven't quite figured out the forum. Thanks, I appreciate your comments. I'll have to look into the wheel spacers too. And do you mean my 3.8 will be more sluggish with 35's and stock 4.10s? From what I can tell by research, I'll probably want to re-gear sometime soon after I get 35s I guess anyway. Didn't realize the programmer would be that important. Thanks for the tips. May have to wait little longer and make sure I can purchase everything needed before making the jump in tires.

scull20

scull20's Build of "Equinso Ocha" (aka White Devil)

Hope this is the proper way to reply, haven't quite figured out the forum. Thanks, I appreciate your comments. I'll have to look into the wheel spacers too. And do you mean my 3.8 will be more sluggish with 35's and stock 4.10s? From what I can tell by research, I'll probably want to re-gear sometime soon after I get 35s I guess anyway. Didn't realize the programmer would be that important. Thanks for the tips. May have to wait little longer and make sure I can purchase everything needed before making the jump in tires.

You're all good!

The 2007-2011 JKs came with the 3.8L V6, the 2012-Present JKs came with the 3.6L V6. The 3.6L V6 puts out more power and torque than the 3.8L. That will be one of the driving factors in determining the difference in performance when adding 35's. The stock 4.10s will be helpful in retaining some of that "pep", more so than 3.73s or 3.21. However, in general the addition of 35s will be more noticeable on a Jeep with the 3.8 vs 3.6. You can mitigate this through gearing, like you mentioned (this has been discussed IN DEPTH, give it a quick search on the forum, if you still need some guidance, let me know).

Some threads to look at:

Re Gearing
http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=30946
Gearing for 35s
http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=4268

The programmer is not necessarily REQUIRED...but will be helpful for resetting your speedo and shift points (in an auto trans).

In my case, with the 3.6 and and 35s, I really didn't notice a terrible change in performance....but the extra power that the 3.6 has really helped in that regard. The major change I noticed what a reduction in braking performance. I'll end up getting the Dynatrac brake kit eventually.

There a plenty of people with 35s and the 3.8 out there, that I'm sure could comment on their thoughts of how the tires feel. In the end, I'm fairly confident you'll be happy with the 35s from a wheeling standpoint (I was!). You can hang onto you 4.10s for the time being and save for gears if need be to get some power back.

The wheel spacers are only a requirement of you run the stock wheels. If you have aftermarket wheels with less backspacing then you won't need them.

Hope it helps! Let me know if I can shed more light on anything.

Last edited:
Top Bottom