Saving a 1978 J-10

Ddays

Hooked
View attachment 352006 [QUOTE}

Hey, look - a heater core and fan motor mounted on the fire wall so you don't have to tear out the entire goddam dash to change. What a novel concept. I so miss being able to work on the older stuff easily.

For contrast - here's a pic of Weebz's Audi - he's changing the AC condenser :eek:

weebz.jpeg

Last edited:

mojave5

Oh I know, such an easy layout to work on. Finding time is the only hard part.

Such a breathe of fresh are from working on my Cadillac which has taken the backseat. Nothing is easy to get to in there.

IMG_0038.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:

Brute

Hooked
Haven’t posted here in a long time. I picked up a 1978 J-10 earlier this week that I’m pretty excited to rebuild. This beaut is a one owner, 93k miles, with 360 and 4sp manual. The original owner did a flatbed conversion on it in the 80’s, which I’m actually a fan of and love the wood.

She is needing some love, mostly in being cleaned up and everything gone through. Especially the engine, which does still run and drive, but is quite literally crying for help.

Looking for any input as to what to look for or what to do to her. [emoji4] Also will be keeping up to date on my Instagram also if you want to follow along @Howaboutno

List of things already on order.
-New windshield and gasket
-All door and window weather stripping
-All engine/transmission/transfer care gaskets and seals
-All new fluids
-Fuel filter assembly
-Hood bumpers
-Engine/trans mounts
-Metal protector and cleaning products [emoji28]
-Diff fluid/gaskets
-Synthetic line for the Warn 8274
-Warn fairlead and windshield banner
-LED headlights/tail lights/auxiliary lights

View attachment 351435

View attachment 351436

View attachment 351437

View attachment 351438

View attachment 351439

View attachment 351440

View attachment 351441

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

A pair of Gladiators...what’s not to like?. Looking forward to the completion of the J truck

wjtstudios

Hooked
View attachment 352006 [QUOTE}

Hey, look - a heater core and fan motor mounted on the fire wall so you don't have to tear out the entire goddam dash to change. What a novel concept. I so miss being able to work on the older stuff easily.

For contrast - here's a pic of Weebz's Audi - he's changing the AC condenser :eek:

View attachment 352033

🤣🤣🤣 Jeff’s poor transformer.

I agree, I loved working on the scrambler. I struggling the JK.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

Top Bottom