Savage Build Thread

So it has been about 2 weeks since I got the work done by ORE. this past week I noticed some wet spots on the inside of my front tires. Didn't think much of it and it didn't get worse so I wasn't worried. This weekend it got worse and I can clearly see now my front axle is leaking gear oil.
Call Drew up today and without hesitation he told me to bring it back and they will fix it! Great service and excited to take her back to fix her leaks.

This sides not too bad:
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1469568874.473021.jpg

This side is worse:
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1469568912.623367.jpg

The dark spots are fresh oil. Lighter are old spots and seems it was leaking for longer than I thought. Good news is I park in almost the exact position everyday at work.

Now the question is... do I order more parts while I'm there??

well guys. i know its disappointing... but i did not have anything major added while my jeep was at ORE. they fixed the axle seals and an alignment issue. i did have Drew write up one additional request as this has been a concern of mine for awhile. i add extended brake lines added! :) pictures to come later. and maybe the skins and rock guards.. one day.

well guys. i know its disappointing... but i did not have anything major added while my jeep was at ORE. they fixed the axle seals and an alignment issue. i did have Drew write up one additional request as this has been a concern of mine for awhile. i add extended brake lines added! :) pictures to come later. and maybe the skins and rock guards.. one day.

I wouldn't have the willpower to not get anything lol. Glad you got those things fixed up though

Here are the new extended brake lines I had put on. Oh and while they fixed the axle seals they also painted the dif cover. Makes it look nice and new!

Thank you ORE!!

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1469987822.990948.jpg

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1469987844.135780.jpg

In preparation of the skins and rock guards I'm going to eventually get I thought today would be a good day to prep for it. I decided to paint the pinch seem so there won't be a thin silver strip between them when installed

Here is the Prep:

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1470606029.647487.jpg

And finished:
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1470606056.623217.jpg

Also decided to pain the back and make it all look a little cleaner. Only took pictures of the finished project.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1470606096.902007.jpg

Oh and I completely forgot to post up about this. You may notice I have new doors....

I found a great deal on a used set of Rugged Ridge half doors.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1470606227.762241.jpg

Haven't decided if I'm going to color match or paint them black. I like both so haven't done anything with them.

Let me know your guys/girls opinions on what I should do.

Looks great!! I think the black doors look good. color matched is more of a factory look tho some people like that. Either way jeep looks badass!!

Does anyone else's springs look this way? I'm paranoid and am afraid something may have happened to my jeep before I bought it. Please tell me this is normal?

Driver side IMG_1475467943.211545.jpg

Passenger side IMG_1475468067.885283.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Looks kind of like your one spring is not seated straight on that one side. The jounce is way off centered when comparing it to the other...idk?

yea i see that now too. but how would it end up like this unless it was installed like this it shouldn't shift? hopefully its how its always been and i just haven't noticed.

I have finally gotten some goodies for the rig. Goodies I should have had a long long time again.

ARB recovery kit, fire extinguishers, and Currie tire deflator.

IMG_1476337010.472490.jpg

Hopefully I won't have to use any of it other than the tire deflator this weekend.

Ok so a little update and a huge change of direction. For the past couple months I have contemplated of selling my jeep and getting a little older and cheaper one. Well this weekend I dove right in and got a 2007 unlimited X with 93,000. This week and over the next week I will be switch over some parts and preparing my jeep to sell. I'm excited and nervous all at the same time. I will be posting up a new build thread soon so stay tuned.
Also I'll probably be posting threads in the wanted section of things I might need along the way of the switching process.

IMG_1479312933.572321.jpg

Top Bottom