Satellite radio antenna

desertrunner

Anyone else have issues with their satellite radio connection? My 2dr really struggles to maintain signal and seems to be particularly bad while driving North for some reason. No issues with the other jeep or the truck so I feel like it's got to be something specific to the 2dr.
My guess is where the roof rack is right there on top of the sound bar but not sure if someone has found a better place for the antenna?

desertrunner

My other jeep had the same exact roof rack but maybe the length on it is a little different on the 4dr. Idk not sure why it's really struggling while driving north in particular and of course my drive to work is due north I get to hear it maybe 20% of the drive and I'm over it. It's quite annoying

JimLee

Hooked
It's the rack. I can't remember the brand but someone sells a bracket to relocate the antenna up front so the rack isn't interfering with it. I have my antenna (magnetic) over the passenger side grab handle area and I hardly ever lose signal.

desertrunner

It's the rack. I can't remember the brand but someone sells a bracket to relocate the antenna up front so the rack isn't interfering with it. I have my antenna (magnetic) over the passenger side grab handle area and I hardly ever lose signal.

I figured thats the cause

Do you happen to know off the top of your head if there is a connection between the head unit and the antenna or do i have to fish the damn thing all the way down the B pillar to move it?

JimLee

Hooked

Do you happen to know off the top of your head if there is a connection between the head unit and the antenna or do i have to fish the damn thing all the way down the B pillar to move it?
Unfortunately I think you have to fish it back and hide the excess when you relocate. If I remember correctly it's not too bad.

jeeeep

Hooked

there's a connection, you can buy the radio cable only - 5064159AG

on my 2010JKU I put it under the cowl, make sure to secure it in place.

desertrunner

Got it moved to a temporary location for now. Just to note you do have to take off the overhead sound bar to get to the bolt holding it in place. It does have a connection that's about 1' long off the antenna. For now it's sitting on the dash and I just backed the wire up and through the side panel. 20230718_201743.jpg

Top Bottom