Sagging 2.5” front springs?

highoctane

Caught the Bug
Curious if anyone in here with Evo Mfg suspension has had their fron coil springs sag and lose lift height? I have the Stage 4+ 2.5” suspension kit on my JT with the oem Rubicon steel front bumper, a Rockhard 4x4 winch plate for the oem bumper, and a china bomb Badlands Apex winch with a synthetic winch line. My front suspension is sagged to the point that I really only have 1” lift in the front. I’m constantly hitting the bump stops.

Has anyone else had this issue? Is this a prevalent thing with these springs? I plan to just add some small spacers to band-aid fix it until I’m ready to upgrade to coilovers.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Sag from a winch is pretty normal even with a synth line but typically, just by about an inch. EVO does go for a smooth ride over carrying weight and their coils do tend to be soft. Whatever the case, I would install 1" coil spacers to help things along. Hopefully it'll be enough to make up the difference.

-AINOKEA-

Hooked
I definitely lost at least an inch of height after adding a quarter pounder and winch. Planning on either swapping to their HD springs or getting a spacer. Leaning more towards a spacer though to save my back.

highoctane

Caught the Bug
I definitely lost at least an inch of height after adding a quarter pounder and winch. Planning on either swapping to their HD springs or getting a spacer. Leaning more towards a spacer though to save my back.
Didn’t realize they made an HD spring. I have plush ride springs.

kevman65

Hooked
Are your springs bowing excessively?

There have been numerous complaints about spring bow elsewhere and it seems it goes back to the stock spring perch with aftermarket springs (even with the MOPAR lift)
Guys have switched out the stock perches for something aftermarket and the spring bow went away along with some of the lift loss.

It has something to do with the clocking of the spring ends and the OEM perch.

highoctane

Caught the Bug
Are your springs bowing excessively?

There have been numerous complaints about spring bow elsewhere and it seems it goes back to the stock spring perch with aftermarket springs (even with the MOPAR lift)
Guys have switched out the stock perches for something aftermarket and the spring bow went away along with some of the lift loss.

It has something to do with the clocking of the spring ends and the OEM perch.
There’s zero bow in my springs. I feel like if they are installed correctly the springs won’t bow. The springs on my Jeep are collapsed and sagging.

Top Bottom