Running the Ktrail in March .. OK.

Overland_stormtrooper

Caught the Bug
I know there is some scattered interest in doing this run and thought now was as good a time as any to perhaps start putting a group together for running it sometime in March .. while I have never run it myself I know there are a few here who have and perhaps they just might wish to do so again ... so here is my thought and when I myself would like to run it ...

I'm looking at either the first or second weekend in March so a meetup either on the 3rd or the 10th at Clayton state park , camping that night there , figure this will give everyone a chance to rest up , meet up and get to know each other , check out rigs and so on ....... then come sat morning we head out .. cover some trail , take pics , videos , enjoy the scenery... spend sat night camped out , may be spread out some depending on how many of us there are and how much room there is in the places for it ...but my understanding is there is state parks off the trail a bit and places along the trail as well ... then Sunday run either what ever happens to be left or however much we can manage while still leaving ample time for those who wish to depart and head for home at a reasonable hour .. I personally would like to cover the entire route even if it runs over into Monday in order to do so and am even considering a portion of the high water mark trail afterwards since I will be taking a vacation whichever week this run happens ......

so if this brings about enough interest we can make it a official run and figure out lead and tail spots ...... what to bring as far as gear and all that other good stuff that you never realized you needed till you forgot it at home ...

Napalm

I'm definitely interested. Hard for me to say whether my schedule will allow it or not this early, but definitely want too.

I ran the K trail back in 2014. It was super foggy and super muddy but a great time! The second or third leg of it was very overgrown and we couldn't hardly fit our rigs through it. Caused a lot of trail damage! Here are a few crappy pictures.
IMG_1478784031.365434.jpg
IMG_1478784040.246072.jpg
IMG_1478784048.677822.jpg
IMG_1478784055.318108.jpg
IMG_1478784062.669294.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Overland_stormtrooper

Caught the Bug
my plan is to take the week off work and don't have to put in for it till the first of the year so still a bit of time to nail down some dates for it .. I figure get the feeler out for overall interest and see when works for the most folks with those 2 weeks in mind , and as its still far enough out for those like myself who need to put in for the time off work and be able to get it off without to much hassle .

mudmobeeler

Caught the Bug
I'm definitely interested. Hard for me to say whether my schedule will allow it or not this early, but definitely want too.

I ran the K trail back in 2014. It was super foggy and super muddy but a great time! The second or third leg of it was very overgrown and we couldn't hardly fit our rigs through it. Caused a lot of trail damage! Here are a few crappy pictures.
View attachment 230329
View attachment 230330
View attachment 230331
View attachment 230332
View attachment 230333

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Never knew you had a two door. Looked good.

Napalm

Never knew you had a two door. Looked good.

Thank you. Yes sir, I've actually had two two doors and 3 four doors.

My first 2008 X.
rthrywjwyj.jpg

2012 JKU I bought and sold within a week for a nice profit.
e7uietju.jpg

2010 JK Sport I bought after a Jeep hiatus for about a year.
tshrsth.jpg

Everyone knows Onyx, 2014 JKU Sport
jetyj.jpg

Last but not least, Steel. 2016 JKU Sport
tfjt.jpg

I have a problem buying and building Jeeps.

Mike, sorry for the thread derail!

Overland_stormtrooper

Caught the Bug
Thank you. Yes sir, I've actually had two two doors and 3 four doors.

My first 2008 X.
View attachment 230415

2012 JKU I bought and sold within a week for a nice profit.
View attachment 230416

2010 JK Sport I bought after a Jeep hiatus for about a year.
View attachment 230417

Everyone knows Onyx, 2014 JKU Sport
View attachment 230418

Last but not least, Steel. 2016 JKU Sport
View attachment 230419

I have a problem buying and building Jeeps.

Mike, sorry for the thread derail!
no need to apologize Nathan , after all I enjoy seening a built up jeep just as much as the next guy post em up it doesn't bother me in the least ......... I should be back in town sometime sunday afternoon will give you a shout when I make it back for a meet up and do some talkin over this run ..just finished loading up so off for hidden falls for a few days

osukrwlr

I am interested as well. The 10th I am taking my son and wheeling partner to an off road expo at Texas motor speedway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Overland_stormtrooper

Caught the Bug
ok so now that all those holidays are gone and life resumes back to some sense of normal everyday .......... the dates I am wanting to pull off from work are set to do this run March 4th -10th ................... the plan is to leave out on the morning of the 4th since I will be work the night of the 3rd wanna head up fairly early in the am to set up camp for the night at the state park and head off for the trail on the morning of the 5th take our time running it and do some of the side runs along the way and head for home on the 9th or the 10th , I doubt it will take the full amount of time run it but I figure why not enjoy a double night camped somewhere along the way if there is a decent hike or two worth checking out along the way ............... so for those who have wondered if and when here ya go .. I reckon if we get enough folks we can make it some kind of official run ............

Overland_stormtrooper

Caught the Bug
so getting a bit lucky as a coworker tossed in a vacation ahead of mine so I will now bee off for the 3rd and making my way up there instead of working ........... so the plan camp at the state park fri night (3rd ) then head off in the morning to do the run don't want to put a time to it other than sometime before noon ........................ so if anyone else is up to run this with me sound off and lets figure out how many of us got nothing better to do than wheel and camp that weekend ...

Top Bottom