Rubiwho's 2014 JKU Rubicon Build

UpsideUp

Some day I hope my Jeep will grow up looking something like yours. The color mixed with the LoD sets this rig apart from most I have seen on here. The perfect balance of form and function. I hope you don't take offense to me using your build as a guide? Great Job!

Jaydoc1

They will rub at full stuff, no steering rub in road. Just haven't cut the fenders yet.

Gotcha. Thanks.

My wife is wanting to make us a 2 Jeep family. I am hoping and praying she loves anvil a much as me. I'm using your pics to sway her.

Rubiwho

Gotcha. Thanks.

My wife is wanting to make us a 2 Jeep family. I am hoping and praying she loves anvil a much as me. I'm using your pics to sway her.

I can guarantee that the pictures you see of Anvil, do not do this color justice. You must see in person to really appreciate. I ordered it before I had even seen a 10A in Anvil. My heart skipped a beat when I saw it,it did have my name in it, so I may have been partial... lol

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
Freakin sweet! The wife and I just went to go look at an anvil this last weekend. The color is so damn nice in person! Sick build, it looks great. Cant wait to see some pics of it on the trail!!! :thumb::thumb::thumb:

Rubiwho

CB Installed

I used the Cobra 75WX ST CB. I mounted it to the dash with the bracket from Cooltec. I used the LoD antenna mount that came with my tire carrier (just an L bracket). It’s designed to mount to the tire rack, I mounted to the door. CB box mounted behind the glove box and just attached with one screw. The CB wire hangs loosely behind glove box (didn’t want to drill into the dash like some people do), easy access to remove CB so no one steals it too. Ran a wire to my roll bar above my left shoulder and cut out the padding just enough to squeeze in the speaker. Works great. No one knows it’s there and its loud enough to hear over road/wind noise and even the stereo.

Cobra 75WXST 40-Channel CB Radio
Uniden Communication Speaker (BC7)
3' FIRESTICK II TUNABLE TIP BLACK
STUD W/SO-239 CONN
18' RG-58/U Coaxial Cable With Pl-259 Connectors Firestik SS-3H Heavy Duty Stainless Steel Antenna Spring
CoolTech CB Mount from www.Cooltechllc.com

Attachments

• 2013-09-25 10.33.50.jpg
    2013-09-25 10.33.50.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 432
  • 2013-09-25 10.34.46.jpg
    2013-09-25 10.34.46.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 436
  • 2013-09-25 13.27.51.jpg
    2013-09-25 13.27.51.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 419
  • 2013-09-25 13.29.05.jpg
    2013-09-25 13.29.05.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 421

Prime8

Did you remove some of the paint on the cb antenna bracket? I think it's the bottom side... But one of the sides needs to be metal on metal contact. FYI.

Rubiwho

Did you remove some of the paint on the cb antenna bracket? I think it's the bottom side... But one of the sides needs to be metal on metal contact. FYI.

I sure did, and you are correct, it is the bottom side.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

UpsideUp

Out of curiosity how long did it take you to install the AEV lift? Did you do it yourself and any trouble/tips you have? Lift is in the mail. :)

Sent from my DROID RAZR using WAYALIFE mobile app

snopro

Banned
Out of curiosity how long did it take you to install the AEV lift? Did you do it yourself and any trouble/tips you have? Lift is in the mail. :)

I've done two 3.5 AEV lifts now and a 2.5 with geometry correction brackets. I usually average around 5 hrs on the 3.5 kits and 4 hrs on the 2.5

UpsideUp

Thanks Snopro. I have the 4.5 coming with geometry correction. But this is my first install. They have a 10-12 hour on the spec sheet. Its tough to find help with the install when you are asking for a whole weekend from a buddy. Perhaps a conservative 6 hours and a case of beers might net a fish? LoL

snopro

Banned
Thanks Snopro. I have the 4.5 coming with geometry correction. But this is my first install. They have a 10-12 hour on the spec sheet. Its tough to find help with the install when you are asking for a whole weekend from a buddy. Perhaps a conservative 6 hours and a case of beers might net a fish? LoL

First time solo probably be looking at 10
I usually take a paint marker and mark after I torque a bolt down that way when you go to recheck bolts you can see if any rotated

Top Bottom