Rubicon Sway Bar vs EVO NO LIMITS

sastocky

On my previous JK Rubi and everyone else’s for that matter …the Rubicon Smart Swaybar disconnect fails…right?

On my new build should I let it be until it breaks, or replace the factory smart disconnect with the EVO Manual No Limits disconnect knob now and get it over with…?

My last one failed in the middle of a three day wheeling trip. Pissed me off.

Last edited:

desertrunner

On my previous JK Rubi and everyone else’s for that matter …the Rubicon Smart Swaybar disconnect fails…right?

On my new build should I let it be until it breaks, or replace the factory smart disconnect with the EVO Manual No Limits disconnect knob now and get it over with…?

My last one failed in the middle of a three day wheeling trip. Pissed me off.
or buy the no limits and sell the working motor to offset the cost. 😎
Honestly i like the no limits better than waiting for the computer to lock / unlock. just dont forget to re-connect before getting on the highway (done that a time or two) one downfall of not having a fancy button inside

sastocky

This.

Although I’m not sure I would recommend the no limits anymore. The air disconnect is so much better and worth it.
I don’t have onboard air or have a need for it at this time. I do carry a CO2 bottle that I could hook up. I did consider this.

what about the JKS manual trigger?

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
I would pass on that. I would rather do the regular no limits. I had it on my old two door. Just the air was so nice to disconnect/reconnect at high speeds.

sastocky

I would pass on that. I would rather do the regular no limits. I had it on my old two door. Just the air was so nice to disconnect/reconnect at high speeds.
Cool. Thanks for the feedback. You are tempting me with the air control. Air on is off-road sway disconnected. Air off is on-road. Correct?

sastocky

Wow. The price on the air model is Mitch higher than the manual.

Where did you mount the valve or did you go switch solenoid?

jab1719

This.

Although I’m not sure I would recommend the no limits anymore. The air disconnect is so much better and worth it.
I agree. I have a sport but bought a used rubi disconnect but put on the evo no limit that is air actuated and it’s awesome. I’ve been running it for years and love it.

Brute

Hooked
I just had it on a switch on my switch pro.
I have the pneumatic EVO system…it is great. Only downfall is if you lose ability to turn on compressor, which happened to me after frying the fiuse and fuse holder while on the trail (but losing the lockers was far worse that the sway bar disconnect)…and it just reverts to a connected sway bar, which is no big deal…

Brute

Hooked
As Overlander stated, it is extremely convenient to activate the compressor, push a button and disconnect the sway bar after blasting on a dirt trail to climb an obstacle, then reconnect for higher speed driving…all while moving

Last edited:

The BAD Influence

Caught the Bug
I have a Sierra. When I upgraded the front axle I purchased a broken Rubi swaybar. Since I was adding ARB lockers and a compressor, I purchased the EVO with air actuator. I run it with my switch pro. I love it.
Besides being easy, I can disconnect at any time, especially on bumpy roads.

Top Bottom