Rubicat on 40's FLEX TEST

Holymoly!

What is that rear suspension set up called? Any thread that informs on how it works? Can't wrap my head around it:crazyeyes:

LOL!! 40's are awesome but far from necessary to do most of the trails we run. The cost to run 40's is enough that I would recommend you stick with 37's. Looks aren't everything. :

Looks awesome! Love Rubicat and those tires are massive!

In this thread you recommend 37's a few times due to the cost of tires and surrounding costs to running 40's. Looks like you recommend a happy medium though and go a little wider and run a 37x13.50 Toyo (which I see they make in many sizes). Is this a fair assumption? Would you stick with a 17" wheel for 37x13.5 or go to something larger? I run 18's now but want to go to slabs when I go up to 37's.

Thanks!

Holymoly!

What is that rear suspension set up called? Any thread that informs on how it works? Can't wrap my head around it:crazyeyes:

Evo lever. Bunch of guys run it. I can only dream.

Yup, what olram30 said. The EVO Lever is a cantilever coil over system. No other coil over kit available offers the amount of articulation you get out of it and while keeping them out of harms way AND without having to cut into your tub. It really is the best money can buy right now.

Looks awesome! Love Rubicat and those tires are massive!

In this thread you recommend 37's a few times due to the cost of tires and surrounding costs to running 40's. Looks like you recommend a happy medium though and go a little wider and run a 37x13.50 Toyo (which I see they make in many sizes). Is this a fair assumption? Would you stick with a 17" wheel for 37x13.5 or go to something larger? I run 18's now but want to go to slabs when I go up to 37's.

Thanks!

While I do run 40's, I personally feel that 37's are a perfect match for a built up JK and what I would recommend for daily driving. I personally prefer 17" wheels as it is a great size for 37's and you will have a lot more tire choices available and at a more affordable price. 13.50's aren't necessary but I do like the ones that Toyo makes as they perform well, require no balancing and are near bullet proof.

This might be a stupid question but Ive never seen anyone do it with a 2 door jk. But does the Evo Lever system work on a 2 door?? does it fit? Im sure Evo has a way that it would... just curious cus I dont think ive ever seen someone put it on a 2 door before, just stretched.:thinking:

This might be a stupid question but Ive never seen anyone do it with a 2 door jk. But does the Evo Lever system work on a 2 door?? does it fit? Im sure Evo has a way that it would... just curious cus I dont think ive ever seen someone put it on a 2 door before, just stretched.:thinking:

There aren't too many people that I know of with 2-doors in general but, I do know of at least 2 people who do or did have one and had installed an EVO lever without a stretch.

Awsome rigs, makes me want to go out and waste some money and Imamate... But no money... Jealousy and envy from the Bay!

There aren't too many people that I know of with 2-doors in general but, I do know of at least 2 people who do or did have one and had installed an EVO lever without a stretch.

I am running one in a 2 door just not on 40s, but hopefully one day. It is great, the only thing I would change is going to a 12" stretch. I've found it provides a lot of added traction capability, especially with open axels I've done climbs that other people have issues on.

Flex.jpeg

20x10 ATX Slabs with 3.5" of back spacing.

LOL, really?? We just posted up a video with Rubicat about 2 months ago - BEDEVILED :cool:

Yup. I have been bouncing in between vids and just recently saw Bedeviled. Seems like its been a while since the first time I saw but waiting for videos makes everything seem longer too :yup:

Eddie killer shots! On the back of Rubicat, how much (if any) does the EVO suspension pushed the axle back? Any side shots of the JK sitting level? thanks!

Top Bottom