RR Arcus Front Bumper Question

DanW

Does RR or anyone else make a front skid plate that works with the Arcus front bumper? I'll be installing that bumper today or tomorrow but I would like something that covers the area where the stock plastic cover goes, over the Rubicon swaybar disconnect. I may have to fabricate something but would rather not do that if there is something out there that works.

WJCO

Meme King
Does RR or anyone else make a front skid plate that works with the Arcus front bumper? I'll be installing that bumper today or tomorrow but I would like something that covers the area where the stock plastic cover goes, over the Rubicon swaybar disconnect. I may have to fabricate something but would rather not do that if there is something out there that works.
Rugged Ridge does. I assume it covers the sway bar:

Rock Hard 4x4 makes one too:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Rugged Ridge does. I assume it covers the sway bar:

Rock Hard 4x4 makes one too:

Yup, what he said ^^^ :)

DanW

Saw the Rugged Ridge steering component skid plate. They claim it works with all RR bumpers, but the Arcus is relatively new, I believe.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Saw the Rugged Ridge steering component skid plate. They claim it works with all RR bumpers, but the Arcus is relatively new, I believe.

It was released in 2019

DanW

LOL - it's the stamped steel bumper that Rugged Ridge came out with a couple of years back.
Yep. Going for light weight and getting the winch tucked away. It has ridden for years on a plate on top of the stock bumper, which has faded and aged. Plus, my wife likes the Arcus and daily drives this Jeep.

Besides that, I've never bashed a stubby bumper in 30 years of wheeling. Only wings or the outer parts of my old YJ bumper. I worry more about weight. Anyway, I also want something that keeps some of the crud out of that sway bar disco and gives it at least some element of protection and cover.

DanW

Of course, now that I've said that I'll probably smash the crap out of this one! Lol!

DanW

It's a great looking bumper but the tusks kinda kill it for me.

View attachment 362727

They are huge. But I've seen it without the winch guard and they look better that way, IMO. I could also eventually cut those down and just use the holes. I'll probably never use the hooks themselves except to hang a trash bag on them when stopping on the trail for lunch. Lol.

Top Bottom