Rottenbellys # 2...

Rottenbelly

Well after almost 2 years without a jeep we decide to get back in one.
I wanted one with the newer motor and a 6 speed. Going be a bit of a learning curve with the clutch offroading but I have a few years of building before I go hardcore anyways.
So I found a 2015 sport with the 6 speed for a good price. No rubicon since I most likely will be going with some heavier duty axles down the road.
Overall the jeep with the newer motor is way better than my 07 auto!!
Already added some rubi wheels and rails.

Also added a PSC bumper and recon 10.5 winch.

Next up was skids. Ordered the evo skid system and a PSC evap skid.

While I was under there I figured I may as well add a flowmaster hp 2 exhaust.

Tucks up nice and high in the rear.

While the rocker armor was getting powdercoated I was shopping on Craigslist and found some spyderlocks with 35 maxxis trepadors that someone put a deposit down on and never came back to pick up. So the shop had a great price on them.

Needed to add a little lift to fit the wheels so I found a leveling kit to throw on. My son and I threw the kit on in the driveway.
Kit installed...

Still needed a little more room for the 35s so I did the fender cut.
Fenders cut and wheels on...

Then I bedined the wheel wells and got my rocker armour back from powdercoat and installed a h3r clean agent fire extinguisher.

Took it out to my crawl spot 10 minutes from the house to check the flex and bumstops. Everything seems to be good so far with the leveling kit.

Quickly realized the 3:21's aren't going to cut it for crawling.
Saw the rubi axles on here from trail jeeps with the 5:13's so I grabbed them.
Was looking at 2600 for ARB locker, 35 spline rear axles, compressor and gears without install so I figured instead of wasting money on the 30 just grab the rubi axles and have front and rear lockers and gears already done...
So these are waiting at home to be installed.

Looks really great! What diff covers were on the axles that looked like they had fill holes on top?

Got my rubi axles swapped in and lockers wired up.
The 5:13s are a little deep for the 35s but should be great for 37s. Drives like a swift truck on the interstate but it's great driving it up in the mtns around here.
Also wired up a lightbar on my fairlead mount.

Took it for a spin up the mountians to think about what lift and what 37s I want to add next.

Top Bottom