Rookie mistake.

Hmart

So i decided to take the doors off of my jeep today for the first time (which was awesome) BUT i broke off all the screws to the doors. Im guessing they hadn't been off in a very long time because it was waaaay too easy to break. Anyone know where to buy new ones? Thanks! Lesson learned. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1457913881.693013.jpg

Dopey84

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1457914296.948730.jpg that's 14$ each and the pin nuts are $5 each.. Idk if you can find them cheaper on Amazon though hopefully someone with more info can chime in and help

sipafz

Caught the Bug
I would't feel comfortable running without the nuts as others have mentioned. They are there to keep the doors attached to the vehicle during an accident. The prudent thing to do is replace the bolts and nuts. Use some never seize on the threads to prevent future problems.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
I would't feel comfortable running without the nuts as others have mentioned. They are there to keep the doors attached to the vehicle during an accident. The prudent thing to do is replace the bolts and nuts. Use some never seize on the threads to prevent future problems.

If you door comes off without those bolts in an accident you have bigger issues.

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
Agree, but I would't want to be responsible for the injury of someone if the unthinkable were to happen.

If your doors come off, you are the one that's fucked. If the impact is that hard, you'll be lucky to be alive anyways

reelsilly

I took mine off right after I drove it off the lot. The shop was getting my tires on my rims and I used his tools to take them off. I think they're still in the storage bin in the back of it...maybe.

Top Bottom