RONA : 1993 Jeep YJ Wrangler - Navajo Turquoise Metallic

dillard09

Beautiful color. I had a 92 YJ and I loved that little 4.0. Wish I had the 4.0 in my 08 JK when I got it instead of the 3.8 minivan motor.

BananaJeep

Caught the Bug
Nice YJ. I love YJs, my aunt had one when I was growing up. Those are my first memories in a Jeep. This specimen looks super clean. Next time I need to buy something, I'm coming out your way lol.

EDIT: I should ask, any future plans for it? Or just going to enjoy it?

Last edited:

Primo82

Caught the Bug
Broke down today and decided to stand in line at the DMV. Got there an hour early and there were only 30 people in front of me, a LOT less than on Monday right after opening again after 3 months of being closed thanks to China virus.

View attachment 349080

Fortunately, our DMV was turning away people from Reno and was only accepting people from Carson City. And, while they were only letting in 4 people at a time, they were sending out staff to do what they can with the people standing in line. Anyway, long story short, our new to us YJ is now officially ours!

View attachment 349081

[emoji1303]

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

I do really like the color and that plate matches it great! I know I knocked the square headlights (jokingly), but this is definitely a cool machine. I'd love to see how well some of your older jeeps perform on the same offroad run. To actually see the improvements in action.

robx251

Caught the Bug
Congrats on the "new" jeep. I miss my old yj. Unfortunately that was 4 jeeps ago. I still regret getting rid of it but as all mentioned before that darn rust got the better of it.

Id love to see a vintage ride with all the classic Iron out and about. Calamity and Rona out with Pappy and others.

Sent from my SM-G973U using WAYALIFE mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Nice YJ. I love YJs, my aunt had one when I was growing up. Those are my first memories in a Jeep. This specimen looks super clean. Next time I need to buy something, I'm coming out your way lol.

EDIT: I should ask, any future plans for it? Or just going to enjoy it?

Been a long time since we’ve had a stockish Jeep, well, except for our old iron of course. Anyway, we forgot how much fun it is to drive like this and so, I think we may keep it this way for a bit. [emoji41]

QuicksilverJK

Caught the Bug
Congrats on the new addition, looks very clean and well taken care of. I will always have an affinity for those ugly square eyes because my first jeep in high school was an 88 piss yellow YJ. [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

ben_john7

The blue shade looks beautiful. It gives the car an "intelligent" look. It is a combination of strength and elegance;)

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Damn, it’s been a real long time since I’ve had to deal with one of these things!

IMG_4396.JPG

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Wow - good call! It is a crank shaft position sensor or CPS. First time we've been home in a long time or at least, for more than a couple of days and I went to take Rona out for a drive. Engine cranked but wouldn't turn over. After giving things a quick look, I decided that this was most likely the culprit based on past experience. And, sure enough, it was in fact the problem. A trip to O'Reilly and 15 minutes later, she fired right up again :yup:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
So, I actually got a new Rugged Ridge soft top for Rona toward the end of last year but it was always way too cold to get it installed. For those of you who have soft tops, I know you know what I'm talking about. Fortunately, it finally got sunny and warm enough over the weekend to get it all buttery and make installation possible. Here are a few shots of what this girl looks like with it on.

IMG_4400.jpg

IMG_4398.jpg

IMG_4397.jpg

IMG_4402.jpg

Overall, I have to say that I'm really happy with this replacement top especially being that it came in the black diamond fabric and with tinted rear windows and with half door uppers! I would even go so far as to say that the quality of it is nicer than the old Bestop thin fabric she came with when we bought her.

Anyway, it was nice to get this new top on especially when it's almost time to take it back off again. :crazyeyes:

wjtstudios

Hooked
Look’n good!

Ahh the joys of stretching a soft top for the first time!

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

Top Bottom