Rock Krawler or Metal Cloak arms

BigPrince

It's a small world
I live 5 minutes down off PIB
I had a few things done there on my truck but wasn't very pleased

Yep I live in Smyrna but Danny at AllSouth takes care of my Jeep. They've done good work for me and if there is a hiccup or issue, it's been covered under their warranty until I'm happy with it. They've put together some really sick Jeeps. They'll be doing a 3link/4link with ORI/coilovers and tons Q1 next year on mine.

I've not heard anything negative about SBC either but have not gone there.

That would be great man
I've been tryin to find more Georgia guys to meet up and take a a few wheelin trips

Off topic but check out gatrailriders also. We do at least a ride a month to different parks. Good group of folks.

Then I read all the hype about MC duroflex joints and how amazing the ride was. I installed a set of front lowers and have had them on about a year. The first thing I noticed after switching from the RK to MC arms was my steering felt looser with the MC arms, probably due to the rubber joint. I liked the more connected to the road feel with the RK joint.

And to get back on topic for cozdude, I would agree with this from what I have felt with my rig and others in my group who run RK. To me, it's fine and they're just softer and flex easier. I've got hydro assist on now anyway so the steering feel is all different now. If you're looking rec's I don't think you can go wrong with MC or EVO(from what I've heard - I have no first hand experience). Guys in my group love some RK but they have had to replace some bushings and they're going to the new RK Krawler joints as fast as they can it seems. Those are supposed to be some good joints but they've not been out long.

jkodak

I can sum this choice up for you OP. I had the RK front lower arms 2 years ago and they were ok, hard to adjust and the joint started to corrode.

Then I read all the hype about MC duroflex joints and how amazing the ride was. I installed a set of front lowers and have had them on about a year. The first thing I noticed after switching from the RK to MC arms was my steering felt looser with the MC arms, probably due to the rubber joint. I liked the more connected to the road feel with the RK joint.

So, I just ordered a set of EVO front lower arms, they haven't arrived yet, but I am confident they will be the best of both worlds and have never read a negative review on them, or any EVO Enforcer lift components. I have slowly swapped my entire suspension to EVO Enforcer based off great reviews. Hope that helps you make a decision!

i would love to hear how the eve arms work out. My metal cloak lift came with a set of uppers and I'm ready to install a complete set of arms at this point. I too thought about the evo arms, but was curious how they responded to on and off road conditions.

jkodak

Just curious, which shop?

I've had MC arms for the past year and they've run most of the major offroad parks here in the SE and ran a week in Moab without problems. I'm going to move to a double triangulated 4link in the rear and 3link in the front come Feb/Mar and will check them again then.

Metal cloak doesnt have the option for a triangulated 4 link from what i seen. are you going to go with different arms all together?
which ones if so?

BigPrince

Metal cloak doesnt have the option for a triangulated 4 link from what i seen. are you going to go with different arms all together?
which ones if so?

Yes different arms. Custom. Only kit out there is Genright and they want to put their kids through college.

Jeepfan30

I will post an update once I get the EVO arms installed. They are supposed to arrive Wednesday, and I will hopefully get them installed over the weekend.
i would love to hear how the eve arms work out. My metal cloak lift came with a set of uppers and I'm ready to install a complete set of arms at this point. I too thought about the evo arms, but was curious how they responded to on and off road conditions.

dodgerob2

I just ordered a metalcloak lift that will not arrive for a couple of week. I'm wondering what has been observed with the duroflex joints. I have scoured the forums looking for negative feedback on them and have only seen good. I know forums only go so far, so is there anybody here that has had a failure or seen a failure on the trail? I do understand they will feel softer than a Heim or Johnny Joint but they should feel similar to stock clevite bushings I'm guessing.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I just ordered a metalcloak lift that will not arrive for a couple of week. I'm wondering what has been observed with the duroflex joints. I have scoured the forums looking for negative feedback on them and have only seen good. I know forums only go so far, so is there anybody here that has had a failure or seen a failure on the trail? I do understand they will feel softer than a Heim or Johnny Joint but they should feel similar to stock clevite bushings I'm guessing.

You mean like this?
mc-01.jpg

MC-joint-01.jpg

MC-joint-02.jpg

You just don't hear much about it because fanboys never like to admit they bought something that was substandard.

Granted, MC has made changes since then but you have to know that this is still a new joint and essentially, still being tested by guys like you.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
This. They had failures in the past just like everyone else. I've run mine very hard for a year with no problems.

Not sure who you are referring to when you say "everyone else". Also, you'll forgive me if I'm not impressed with 1 year of use and to be fair, your idea of "hard use" is only relative to you. That being said, at least they're still making adjustments as they go and clearly, there are plenty of people willing to be their guanine pigs.

BigPrince

not impressed with 1 year of use and to be fair, your idea of "hard use" is only relative to you.

Sure is but I've hit more trails and obstacles than many jeeps ever see in that year. Most SE parks eg Windrock, AOP, Harlan KY, Choccolocco, Moab, UT (Pritchett's, Rusty Nail, Area BFE, - the good challenging stuff not the boring stuff), etc. I'll be back at Moab in a couple months, going to hit a bunch of the Colorado trails this year, SMORR, and maybe a Rubicon run if I can make the logistics work. I am not running Ultra4, no, and you wouldn't buy a kit like this for a Ultra4 rig - just hitting most of what the folks here will hit.

Not saying it's better than any other kit out there, just saying every product has failures and while MC did, my experience is the product works for my use case now.

More than likely you'll be fine. And if not, MC will take care of you.

Yep.

Last edited:

upnover

My experience has been different. I have ran the MC arms for 3 years, about 41K on them and haven't had any issues with them. I have one of the first arms designs with the joints welded instead of forged (like they are now). I have not taken the joints out to lube them or anything else, have ran trails in multiple states with no issues to them.

I know everyones opinions will vary, but I have been happy with them. If I ever do run into a problem with them, I will swap them out and probably go long arm.

Top Bottom