RL206's 2013 JKU Journal

rl206

Thanks guys! Half of those are cell phone pics, my girlfriend actually took the pic at the fire w/ her phone and did something too it. I thought it looked cool as well! Looks way better on the phone of course lol.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

rl206

Not an update I wanted to post but woke up to this this morning on the way to work...

IMG_4545 by Ryan Lamb, on Flickr

I was in a hurry so just did a quick tape job so I wasn't late my second week at this job. They did/snatched about $400 in items/valuables not including the damage to the top. I don't keep much in there but they got my knife and flashlight I kept in the center console...

On the bright side, I did pick up a Rubicon HR front bumper so the front end will have a facelift soon, I'm waiting to put on until my new foglights show up.

AZ Explorer

Caught the Bug
Not an update I wanted to post but woke up to this this morning on the way to work...

IMG_4545 by Ryan Lamb, on Flickr

I was in a hurry so just did a quick tape job so I wasn't late my second week at this job. They did/snatched about $400 in items/valuables not including the damage to the top. I don't keep much in there but they got my knife and flashlight I kept in the center console...

On the bright side, I did pick up a Rubicon HR front bumper so the front end will have a facelift soon, I'm waiting to put on until my new foglights show up.

That suck's but at least you can just replace the one panel rather than the whole top. Happened to me once years ago in a TJ. The HR bumpers are sweet!

DP1120

That sucks about the top. I never understood why anyone cuts them. I feel like it would be just as fast to unzip it and would be more like nothing had happened.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using WAYALIFE mobile app

rl206

Yeah, literally zippers everywhere... They aren't the smartest of breeds.
I tried to Sherlock Holmes the hell out of it but nothing...
It appears they struggled to get in as the seatbelt covers were popped off and they rearranged my tool box in the back (like they fell in) through that window and just busted the center console open from the back seat. They took random stuff like change and nuts and bolts I had in the cup holder to get extras for at the hardware store but left my Oakley's...
Whatever, I took literally everything out and on the off chance they come back I'll be watching out the window for a few hours tonight.

f14framer

That sucks man... I don't even lock my doors anymore. Would rather them just open the door and take what they want then cut the top. The YJ I had years ago didn't even have locks on the doors.

rl206

Thanks! I have these sweet fog lights and can't use them... haha

I did swap the bulbs and redo the wiring so I can use the stock ones for now though. They are WAY better than my stock bumper.

BobNH

Dont those extensions block a lot of useable light at the middle of the road? I have been looking into a front bumper but I like my fogs to be functional, even the faded jeep orange flicker that they put out is helpful in that area. Do you find those have decreased the output?

Sent from my SM-N910V using WAYALIFE mobile app

rl206

Dont those extensions block a lot of useable light at the middle of the road? I have been looking into a front bumper but I like my fogs to be functional, even the faded jeep orange flicker that they put out is helpful in that area. Do you find those have decreased the output?

Sent from my SM-N910V using WAYALIFE mobile app

If you mean the foglight brackets for the Hardrock bumper, I can't on those since I haven't installed them yet. The bulb itself was different so I swapped that over so I could use them, but I feel like they have better throw now even though it is the same bulb, maybe the refectors are different.

rl206

Nothing much to update, been working and have snuck away on a few random day trips. Have parts, some stacking up and haven't put them on and some I have.

I went up to Moon/Funny Rocks to play around. Nothing serious just driving the logging roads up. On my way out I began to start having issues, while attempting to leave my rig would stall out, no matter what I couldn't get rolling. I initially thought I was having clutch issues, but after hiking up to cell service to let a buddy know I was potentionally gonna need a tow out (was alone) :doh: I realized my drivers rear caliper was stuck. Let them cool, bled brakes and has been doing fine for the last 400 miles.

19748877_1751048124925157_8516164281287045976_n by Ryan Lamb, on Flickr

I have a 1800 mile trip coming up in August 9th. Tacoma-Yellowstone.

Any input on places to see/stop at will be greatly appreciated!

We sold a house 45 mins out of Yellowstone last year and made 2 trips during the move, but didn't see much as we were on a mission. This time we will be enjoying some time exploring and have 9 days to do so. I don't plan on doing anything crazy, just logging roads to camp a couple nights and staying w/ relatives the rest. We will be doing I-90 the way over and I-15/I-86/I-84 back.

19894872_1751052281591408_8597518572394981028_n.jpg

VeruGE*144

Caught the Bug
300 mile road trip for a job interview the girlfriend had yesterday. Absolute massacre...
19990131_1757921787571124_654288222638242602_n by Ryan Lamb, on Flickr

I pulled the trigger and ordered wheels today. Just some Pro Comp steelies. Should be able to get rubber slapped on next week! Using the old 35"s I've had for awhile.:clap2:

Lol have fun cleaning your grill. I remember using 'turtle wax' bug and tar cleaner after I drove through freshly oiled road construction. It should help a lot to get all those bugs of

WJCO

Meme King
On ours, a pressure washer gets them off really fast but spray it from the side. If you spray straight on them, it will take off some small paint chips.

Top Bottom