Rigid Duelly question

RubiconNate

I installed a set of these into my oem fog light location. I just spliced them to work with the oem fog wiring. Now with the lights turned off, ignition off I get a light blip every few second out of the lights. Best described as a low level on off for about 1 second. When I switch the lights on they work normal. Any suggestions? Seems like there is a little bit of back feed coming from somewhere, but I haven't traced anything further. Just thought I would ask and see if this is a normal issue.

Thanks

Yes it is normal as the electrical system sends a small amount of current even if the fogs aren't activated. You can do away with it strobing by doing a stand alone wiring install or utilizing a relay.

If they are HID lights this is normal - as the built in capacitors hold a small amount of current even after turning them off , some brands will discharge this in the form of an pulse .
If concerned double check your connections and grounds .
Check factory fog light relay in fuze box also .

No worries as long as everything checks out and your factory wiring and relay is not warm to the touch - should be fine

Or it could just be a grounding issue. Ours did that on ONE of the lights and we found it to not be grounded properly... We fixed the issue by fixing the grounding problem

I installed mine the same way and mine blink too. But I really don't mind and probably will just leave it.

Strange I had no problems with mine

I don't always wheel , but when I do I keep it tight......... Stay dirty my friends.

Yeah that's not a big deal, you won't harm anything by it but if it's annoying you too much just get a relay / no flicker module.

Top Bottom