Requirements for 40s?

Verificatory

Running 35s on stock axels JKUS, nothing upgraded under the body but front drive shaft. Looking to do a bunch of the expensive mods at one time. EVO stage 3 long arm coil overs, dynatrac or Currie 80 rear, 60 front, upgraded drive shafts by Adams, 536 gearing, set of 5 beadlocks (idk rim size due to not knowing much about 40s) and finally the lockers, and not sure about air, lock hubs or electric. So what’s the requirements to run 40s

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Requirements...? I think you have a pretty good idea of what it takes based on your list. I’m running 37x13.50x17 cooper STT pros with 5.13’s. ARB’s front and rear. Rear 35 spline chromoly shafts and a front Tera44 .5 wall with chronology shafts and nothing more than about 3 inches of spring lift with really good shocks and it’s an outstanding setup for what I want to do . As far as suspension you can really go crazy or keep it minimal. The idea being run as little lift as possible to clear the biggest tire you want to run and then ask yourself what you want to do with it. That should determine your requirements.

All you need is axles, wheels/tires, drive shafts, an appropriate amount of lift and it would be nice to have front adjustable control arms. I know a guy that is running 42s with short arms so long arms aren’t absolutely necessary, but sure are nice.

Here’s a picture of my Jeep on 40s, Dynatrac 60s, 3” Evo Enforcer(stage 1) w/ .5” spacer in the front, and some strategic trimming.

IMG_4307.JPG

I have plenty other upgrades now that weren’t necessary but are nice.

Top Bottom