REPTAR...Same rig, just a proper build thread.

Mitrig

EVO carrier and sliders being mounted this weekend...picked up the steel the add a few modification onto the carrier so here is to more bloody knuckles and swearing...all for REPTAR 4.0

Mitrig

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1461155109.884501.jpg

Newest addition will be finishing the wiring this weekend and the arb compressor and trucklites should be all plumbed and wired. Getting ready for next weekend. Wanted the best rig possible since my gf takes it on the trail the second I get out so can't really skimp on anything. Better safe than sorry, plus she is always cheesing when she gets behind the wheel.

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
Thank you. It's coming back together finally.

No I wish I was in those videos. Didn't realize there was one that looked similar. Now I'll have to rewatch them

Ah, I see. It was the screen name that I thought I recognized. I thought someone with the same name was on that trip. Anyways, nice rig! It's looking great!

Mitrig

Ah, I see. It was the screen name that I thought I recognized. I thought someone with the same name was on that trip. Anyways, nice rig! It's looking great!

I wish we had the option to swap screen names LOL. I made this so long ago i dont want to give up the account over a screen name.

Hmm well i guess i will have to check out the video and see if someone has a similar name.

oh and thanks!

Mitrig

So tis the time to finally park the old girl...one last trip up to drummond island the end of this month then I will be putting her to the side....finishing the motor and axle swap over the next year. Already picked up a new DD and hopefully will be trailering this ol girl to the trails soon enough.

Evo 3 inch plush rides
1310 drive shaft
synergy sector shaft brace

will be the final mods to go on this weekend before the trip. then just packing her up...going to see how the suspension does for a long haul in a couple weeks for a camping trip. loading her up and seeing how well it handles the highway.

fingers crossed...

so many memories in this hunk of junk and I love it...but sad that I wont be wheeling with the same people I used to anymore. Aiming to have everything settled at home soon enough then we will see where in the world I end up! So reptar will be garaged during the time I am gone for work.

Cheers to all you jeepers!

Mitrig

Wait I'm sorry cause maybe I missed it but why are you garaging the jeep?

Work provided me with a substantial discount on a new vehicle and I font want to keep racking up mileage on the old girl. So she will be a trail only rig.

Picked up a new Ram rebel to tow her, so she is getting parked while I finish the motor swap and drop in the new axles. God knows how long that will take me but I am going to enjoy this trip since work has many new vehicle programs starting up so we are going to be drowned in work for the foreseeable future...hence the girl is going to sit while i get my life in order.

Mitrig

2016 Ram rebel should be on the way soon.

Procharger is all ready for the install along with a set of general grabber red letters

jeep is going to be cleaned and prepped for a last run to durmmond island next weekend.

Mitrig

little review on the most current set up I have been running...

Evo carrier - by far the best investment I have ever made...smashed it a couple times in departing a steep rock face and it has held up amazingly. well worth every penny

Evo slider- i was lucky o get the new style ones when they came out and I must say they take one hell of a beating! dragged them against concert, boulders, trees, steel, they hand the impacts great!

ARB OBA- another amazing investment, pairing it with the CO2 tank I can have everyone filled back up including myself really quick!

Currie control arms - so far so good...only downfall is some of the greasable fittings are positioned in a manner which either makes them easy targets for rocks or hard to reach if you chose to protect them. Don't get me wrong i love them though there are a few things I would have liked differently

Evo plush ride w/fox resi shocks - now this is the best pairing I have ever had. I had rough country which was garbage, full traction which was very stiff, and a mix of others and the evos ride by far the best. my only issue is under a lot of weight they do show slight sag but that is the least of my worries seeing my camping gear is only in the rig while driving to the site.

Mitrig

IMG_2197.JPG IMG_2198.JPG IMG_2199.JPG IMG_2200.JPG IMG_2201.JPG

few pics from the last trip to bobcageon. Last minute trip turned into 7 hours of highway driving and 4 .5 hours of trail riding with a loaded trailer...was a really long day to say the least. we pulled into camp at 7:05 in the morning only to find out that we took one turn we should have skipped and it dropped us on the trail side instead of the highway.

Top Bottom