Replacement U-Joint for Front Adams Drive-shaft 1310

benatc1

Hooked
Hey everyone,

I was taking the flange off of the Axle side U-Joint of my 1310 Adams DriveShaft so that it will match up with the 1310 Yoke when I install my PR44 and in the process damaged the U-joint. Issue im having is trying to find the correct U-joint to Order for a replacement, I know its a Spicer U-joint but dont have a part # and everything I search keeps giving me different part numbers for this and that and im not confident in the measurement as the U-joint fell apart on the way out of the flange. Ive contacted Adams Driveshaft twice with no response so i figured id ask here if anyone had a suggestion on a part # or could point me in the right direction. Thank you

WJCO

Meme King
Hey everyone,

I was taking the flange off of the Axle side U-Joint of my 1310 Adams DriveShaft so that it will match up with the 1310 Yoke when I install my PR44 and in the process damaged the U-joint. Issue im having is trying to find the correct U-joint to Order for a replacement, I know its a Spicer U-joint but dont have a part # and everything I search keeps giving me different part numbers for this and that and im not confident in the measurement as the U-joint fell apart on the way out of the flange. Ive contacted Adams Driveshaft twice with no response so i figured id ask here if anyone had a suggestion on a part # or could point me in the right direction. Thank you

Just order another 1310 ujoint. Spicer is a good brand. How did you damage it? Cap fall off? If you can locate all the needle bearings, you can put that back together, but if one single one is missing, don't put it back together.

WJCO

Meme King
You could also take it to the local parts store and match it up with another 1310 just to be safe.

benatc1

Hooked
Just order another 1310 ujoint. Spicer is a good brand. How did you damage it? Cap fall off? If you can locate all the needle bearings, you can put that back together, but if one single one is missing, don't put it back together.

ok great, wasn't sure if they crossed referenced or not. She was real stuck for some reason (not that old) but when the cap fell off on the way out it hit the floor and i think im missing a needle bearing and one was broken. kinda weird as when ive changed them in the past ive never seen on broken but oh well. Thanks for the info as always! going to order a couple so i have a spare

WJCO

Meme King
ok great, wasn't sure if they crossed referenced or not. She was real stuck for some reason (not that old) but when the cap fell off on the way out it hit the floor and i think im missing a needle bearing and one was broken. kinda weird as when ive changed them in the past ive never seen on broken but oh well. Thanks for the info as always! going to order a couple so i have a spare

That's a good idea. Good luck.

benatc1

Hooked
Thanks! Those are the # I will order, the current # that I have (broken) is obsolete, hence why I couldn't find it. Appreciate the photo!

Sudz

I run Spicer 5-1310-1X in my ZJ - zerk in the cap

100_5322.jpg

Top Bottom