Redo

Hightower

If you where to go back in time and redo something or the hole build what would it be ?

For me I would have gone with a good used 2 wheel drive four door JK as a base for my build.

rinkishjk

Good thread..
I would have not bought a rubicon and instead bought an x and bought aftermarket stuff to make it better than a rubi.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
:cheesy: Are you kidding me, we've done the redo more times than I can count - it's called a work in progress :crazyeyes:

Regarding where to start, we've tried it both ways, a Rubicon and the bare bones direction and in the end, it really wasn't worth it to do the later. In the end, I still like the 4:1 transfer case, I still like the e-disco, I still like the creature comforts that come in a Rubicon and you can still sell your factory axles for a pretty penny.

I think if I had to do it over, I would've considered a 2012 or 2013 JKUR. I bought a 2010 JKUR and while I saved some decent money buying used, the reviews of the new motor and transmission have me second-guessing my decision. :thinking: 😣

LoPo

Caught the Bug
I can't complain, I bought my base build, a used 2007 IN Nov 2007. It was originally purchased in July 2006. It had a 4inch(crappy non-adjustable control arms) lift on it and 35's.

Aftermarket wise. I probably would have gone with the PR60 FF in the rear instead of the Currie RJ. and a PR60 instead of a PR44 in the front.

Hindsight is always 20/20 though and the good thing with parts, they can be replaced.

MTG, you can probably find a used MyGig fairly easily. Or just go aftermarket.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
I would like to say I would buy a 4 door rubicon but for the price of them in 2012 it was too much. And I have never driven the 3.8L so I can't say I would rather buy that. Right now I have no regrets.

JKAnimal

Caught the Bug
I would have liked to have a Jeep a little earlier in life but I try not to live in the past. lol

If I could start from scratch again I would have joined this site earlier before buying my Jeep and learned what parts are the best. I most likely would have ended up spending the same amount of money I've already spent on EVO bumpers and sliders etc. and put an Enforcer lift on earlier. :doh:

Paisano

No redo yet for me, completely happy with how I've done things. It's still early but I usually never end up with remorse.

RockyJk

I would of bought a 4 door rubi with the newer engine

Sent from my DROID RAZR using WAYALIFE mobile app

cottrellsahara

if I were to go back and redo the process of buying my jeep sahara I would go with the sahara tan color with the body colored hard top to match the rest of the jeep. but I still love my Black 2012 black is classic

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    100.7 KB · Views: 46

Moochie

No remorse here. I love what I have and wouldn't have done anything differently. There is always going to be a newer version available. Maybe in 4 years I'll think about a new Jeep. I have to much invested in my JK.

gtony12

Caught the Bug
I would have liked to have a Jeep a little earlier in life but I try not to live in the past. lol

I am right there with you, waited way to long. Hope I have enough time left to actually take it out on the trails, meet other jeepers and see moby too! :thumb:

Top Bottom