Recovery Tech: Sand Recovery Tips

StrizzyChris

I stumbled across this video and thought it was FREAKING GENIUS! All you need is your basic recovery bag. A strap, and your recovery bag itself could save you from being stuck in the sand.

Not sure if this has been posted in the past, but I thought others could benefit from it. Enjoy!

Please, feel free to post up any sand recovery tips you have seen/experienced on here :thumb:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Video didn't work but, is it safe to assume they filled up the bag with sand, buried it and used it as an anchor?

CerOf

Video didn't work but, is it safe to assume they filled up the bag with sand, buried it and used it as an anchor?

Ayup. Attached the strap to the rear tire, reversed and the rear tire spooled in the strap. If you don't have a "bag" you can don the same with your spare tire. Read about using a hilift buried in the sand too.

David1tontj

Ayup. Attached the strap to the rear tire, reversed and the rear tire spooled in the strap. If you don't have a "bag" you can don the same with your spare tire. Read about using a hilift buried in the sand too.

I've always heard about burying your spare tire, but I've never had to.

I can see how this method works, but there is a huge risk of the strap coming off the tire and wrapping up on your axle. Use caution. I've also heard Of Guys using just a rim so this doesn't happen.

Last edited:
Top Bottom