Rebuild Motor craft 2100 carb.

legendarybear

Anyone ever rebuilt mc2100. I'm not even good enough to call myself a shade tree mechanic, but I kinda want to tackle this job myself. Just for self gratification. Be honest, should I tackle this myself or leave it to the professionals?
Won't hurt my feelings if you think this job is to advance for the average Joe.

Anyone ever rebuilt mc2100. I'm not even good enough to call myself a shade tree mechanic, but I kinda want to tackle this job myself. Just for self gratification. Be honest, should I tackle this myself or leave it to the professionals?
Won't hurt my feelings if you think this job is to advance for the average Joe.

I wouldn't mess with a carb there's a lot to them

But worst case scenario it doesn't work and you have to get a mechanic to fix it

I wouldn't mess with a carb there's a lot to them

But worst case scenario it doesn't work and you have to get a mechanic to fix it

That's kinda what I was thinking. If I did mess up I could always buy another rebuild kit.
Does look like it could be a task I could totally screw up.

Hey Bear,
This carb is one of the easiest to rebuild. There are not a lot of moving parts, or things that can go in backwards.
A quality rebuild kit will have instructions, however they will assume some knowledge and a service manual will be handy.
Get a nice clean place to work, preferably where you can sit down. Did I mention clean?
It basically requires some properly sized screwdrivers, needle nosed pliers and maybe a small wrench or two and cleaning chemicals. Lay parts out neatly, study as you go to remember where things came from - take pics if need be.
The most difficult and probably important part is the float bowl fuel level setting ( almost as important as cleanliness ).
The best way to adjust it is with carb installed and engine in running condition, called a wet adjustment, so you can remove the air horn to adjust the float. Chitons has a pretty good write up if you have one. ( hint ).
Anyway, I hope either route you choose is successful.

Good Day and God Bless.

Jason.

Hey Bear,
This carb is one of the easiest to rebuild. There are not a lot of moving parts, or things that can go in backwards.
A quality rebuild kit will have instructions, however they will assume some knowledge and a service manual will be handy.
Get a nice clean place to work, preferably where you can sit down. Did I mention clean?
It basically requires some properly sized screwdrivers, needle nosed pliers and maybe a small wrench or two and cleaning chemicals. Lay parts out neatly, study as you go to remember where things came from - take pics if need be.
The most difficult and probably important part is the float bowl fuel level setting ( almost as important as cleanliness ).
The best way to adjust it is with carb installed and engine in running condition, called a wet adjustment, so you can remove the air horn to adjust the float. Chitons has a pretty good write up if you have one. ( hint ).
Anyway, I hope either route you choose is successful.

Good Day and God Bless.

Jason.

Thanks Jason,
I'm really going to consider doing this myself. If I screw up, it won't be the first time.
Chiton's here I come.

I don't know Jake. I may screw it up before it's all said and done.

Hey Bear,
Please do not hesitate to post here or PM me, I'll give you my phone number, if you need help. A lot of people here can help you with this.
It is a good thing to learn and understand how a carb works.

Have a Jeep day. [emoji41]

Jason.

Hey Bear,
Please do not hesitate to post here or PM me, I'll give you my phone number, if you need help. A lot of people here can help you with this.
It is a good thing to learn and understand how a carb works.

Have a Jeep day. [emoji41]

Jason.

Thanks Jason,
Definitely going to try it myself.
I may be emailing you lol.

Scott

The mc2100 is dirt simple. If you run into problems look it up on you tube. There are many videos showing step by step how to do it.

Top Bottom